Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Nubian

D/A mystery

Nubian
I have my Jewel of an Ultima which I have yet to name giving me a little problem. Out of the blue it decides to start/not start no rhyme or reason. I must add that I did remove the interlock module and installed it in my other D/A Ultima while I was trying to troubleshoot the other's electrical problem. It was not the cause, so I promptly put it back. Since then it was starting intermittenly, right now though it starts everytime. But this makes me feel uncomfortable not knowing what caused it. What to do?

comet66
Bendix energizes but motor wont turn over?.....This has always been a low voltage, battery/connection problem in my experience. Or does it turn over and just not fire?....This has never been a problem on mine. I have had a hard start run rough situation when an ignition module went bad. In fact I have one that needs replacing now. CH20

Nubian
Bendix? Has something to do with the starter right? When I turn the key on the gauges and everything power up but no sounds or anything from the starter. Will check battery connections in the AM.

a-cman
I have had the same problem with my SunStar. When you turn the key, the dash lights up, but no power to starter, when this occurs, try wiggling the key and key switch. If the tractor then starts, it is either the key switch or the wiring plug on the back. I replaced the switch and repaired the terminals in the plug connector, which had become somewhat loose over the years. These things can happen, due to age, my SunStar is 20 years old at this point, but very strong.