Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

Shifting my 6216 is a real trying chore- help

AC_B-1Novice
My 6216 drives me nuts trying to shift it. It is very hard to get it to change gears. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I would think it should shift easy from gear to gear. That is not case. I never shift when moving and I would think this is not a normal thing.

sbull78
i was just getting ready to ask the same thing!! my 6216 does the same thing. the variable drive works fine but it seems like after i put it in gear and then go to shift again it doesn't want to go in gear very easy, just grinds. this should be an interesting fix. Good luck!!

sunrunner
I know on mine you depress the clutch/brake to a certain spot and they shift no problem(about 3/4 depressed so the clutch is in and the brake is not fully engaged)...sm00

arnoldir
There is supposed to be a belt guard at the front pully that stops the belt when the clutch is depressed. If that guard is missing or set too far from the belt it does not do it's job and grinding into gear is the result. At least that was my experiance with my 6216. Good luck with yours.