Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More Stripes

jdwilson

I couldn't resist. Had to add my two cents. The old gal still has it in her!

My dad bought her new and, after going through a couple of other family members, I wound up with her 20 years ago.

Now that I've moved off the farm, this little jewel is the perfect size for my half acre lot.

I remember mowing as a young teen on her, I am now 52! How many guys can say that? I'll try to find old pics at my mom's from back in the day. I'll wait though 'til after I repaint; a before and after story. I need to wake up sleeping beauty...Still haven't done anything to her since the top ring broke two years ago.

She served me so well for thirty years, out on the farm![url][/url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100402 I picked up this cart at a yard sale four years ago for 40 dollars. I don't know if it is a simplicity or not, but it's the right color.

The snowthrower is behind the 2012. It's a 1690547 single belt. There is also an old Snowaway in the opposite corner. Works, but needs a good carb cleaning. Gave away the 1613h Deautz-Allis to my son. It ran great, but I guess I like the 'simplicity' of these old timers! They are like the old motorcycles with kick starters... If for some reason the battery is down, just wrap a rope around the pulley and pull. Try doing that with a newer style engine with a gear starter instead of the old S/G set up.

Jeff -
quote:
I remember mowing as a young teen on her, I am now 52! How many guys can say that?
I think you found one. My dad bought our B-112 on February 3, 1969, when I was 17. That tractor was put to hard work on the farm over the years. I know I mowed with it as a teenager. It relieved me from mowing 3/4 acre of lawn with a 21" self-propelled rotary mower. It now resides at our lake property in northern Michigan, where it is still put to good use. Mowing, snow blowing, and many other duties. Here is a picture I took last weekend doing spring cleanup:

A little early in northern Michigan for good stripes, but there is one patch of coarser grass that greens up quicker:

Nice to hear a similar story from "down on the farm". Glen

Pretty cool!! I just got my first Allis last year when I was 13. It is a B-208 Super and I plan on keeping her for a long time. That 36" deck leaves some pretty cool stripes.:D

Glen. Nice rig! Thanks for the feedback. I enjoy hearing these stories as well. It's like taking something for granted, and then all of a sudden, when something happens(2012)and you don't have her, you lose that sure, old reliable, sure thing. Kind of like most 'chick flick' movies, where there're together and then go apart, then realize they can't live without each other, and how much better it is when they are finally reunited!