Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Allis_914_Owner

Front End Loader--Reinforcement Necessary?

Allis_914_Owner
I recently picked up a front end loader to put on my Allis 900 series garden tractor. It's badged a 515 loader, but has a far more substantial frame for the loader as you can see in the picture below. [IMG]http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/45033/2686487990053973826S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG] I have read up on the daddycat's reinforcement of the BGB due to a break from using a johnny bucket jr. I certainly don't want to break the BGB, and I want this tractor and loader to do some respectable work, although I won't be using it day in and day out. So, here is my question. This frame appears to have tabs that attach to the rear hitch, and the front bar on the frame attaches to a "quick attach" frame holder that attaches on the front of the frame. [IMG]http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/41738/2514313310053973826S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG] By my way of thinking, if I bolt the loader frame to the tractor frame in the middle as well, just behind the wings where the loader mounts, that should substantially act to create as much of a single frame as the daddycat's reinforcements, not necessitating the beefing up. Please let me know your experiences with loaders on these machines. From the looks of it, there aren't a lot of them that have been used on here.

Homesteader
Idont know much about those loaders but, if you want do substantial work... DEFINATELY put support in the middle. You dont want that frame to bow on you for some reason. THAT WOULD BE BADXX(OO

HubbardRA
If it is adequately bolted to the rear hitch, front frame and a place or two in between, then that frame should take most of the loading off the BGB and eliminate the breakage problem that Daddycat had.

HubbardRA
If it is adequately bolted to the rear hitch, front frame and a place or two in between, then that frame should take most of the loading off the BGB and eliminate the breakage problem that Daddycat had.