Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tgtaag

7117 hydraulic lift

tgtaag
Hi, New Guy here. Question is, on a 7117. Got it running and goes forward and back but the hydraulic lift won't go up. Plan on changing hydraulic oil & filter. Any other suggestions?? What type of oil should I use?

sandeflats
I had a similar problem on one of my tractors when I bought it. The lines were reversed going to the hydraulic lift. I reversed them where the flexible lines connect to the copper line under the seat. Hope this helps.

Tom45
My preference for hydrostatic oil is universal tractor transmission and hydraulic fluid (the same as used in farm tractor transmissions). If you use it alot in cold weather, you might prefer Dexron automatic transmission fluid which is a little lighter weight. Does the lift not pivot the arm on the side or just not raise the deck. There is a lift cable to the deck. Tom

joshuaareed
Just a thought but, if you have the clutch depressed while trying to use the hydro lift it will not work, just something to think about. I found that out long ago and then I hit myself on the forehead and said Duh the belt from the BGB to the hydro pump is not turning and therefore the pump is not running while the clutch is in. May not be the problem but thought I would give you my experiences.