Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
69DEZ

New Simplicity Models

Chris727
Nothing really equivalent anymore, the legacy is the "heavy" garden tractor, but then its twice the size of a B-10.

TimJr
It's not just that simple - you need to know what you currently use the tractor for, and what you may want to do with it in the future. True, many new "garden tractors" are not so overbuilt like our old ones, but they will do just fine for the jobs they were intended for. If you only use your old one to mow or maybe blow snow, lots of new tractors will do it just fine. Now, if you want things like sickle bars, loaders or belly blades, you are out of luck without going to something much larger, or simply just out of luck. Consider how much of your old tractor is obsolete and in all reality not so user friendly. Maintenance and repairs could easily get to be problem with a tractor like your old one, and there are only so many used replacement parts out there. A new tractor is a large investment - choose carefully. Tim

RayS
Conquest or Prestige is comparable. You can use the same 36" tiller and revitalizer on the back as used on the older equipment if you buy the rear hitch for it. You can also use the snowblowers and blades with the correct hitch. You won`t beable to use a sickle bar mower though. I have owned my Prestige for 7 years and it will mow my lawn in half the time as my 916H and does just as nice of a job.

Simpleton7016
quote:
and it will mow my lawn in half the time as my 916H and does just as nice of a job.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/url] Say it isn't so....:D

skyrancher
The problem with today's tractors is that they only do 1 job. Cut the grass. Tractors of yesterday had many,many options you could do with your tractor. Also with today's plastics they aren't built strong enough for lasting applications. (Disposable tractors in my opinion) Skyrancher

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
quote:
and it will mow my lawn in half the time as my 916H and does just as nice of a job.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/url] Say it isn't so....:D
OK, maybe not half the time but at least 1/3 the amount of time. It is alot more maneuverable and the foot controlled hydro pedal is better in my opinion. I just don`t have any complaints. The 50" deck does as good a job as the 48" deck.

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by skyrancher
The problem with today's tractors is that they only do 1 job. Cut the grass. Tractors of yesterday had many,many options you could do with your tractor. Also with today's plastics they aren't built strong enough for lasting applications. (Disposable tractors in my opinion) Skyrancher
You get what you pay for. The junk that they sell at TSC, Lowes, Home Depot and Sears are lawn mowers and cheaply made at that. It is kind of like buying a S 10 and expecting it to perform as if it was a full sized 1 ton truck.