Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dmcluckie

What is my Simplicity worth?

dmcluckie
I am thinking of buying a new one, but my dealer says I'll do better selling mine outright than trading. I posted a link below to a photo. I am not sure of the year, when I ordered the owner's manual the lady at the factory said it's about a 1994 or so. It is the 18HP Vanguard, 50" deck, hand-op hydro, electric deck lift. 285 hours, new blades, everything in excellent condition. I don't know what to ask for it. Any thoughts? Thank you very much, -Don McLuckie[A href='http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=251581&a=12583743&p=47327097']http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=251581&a=12583743&p=47327097[/a]

Yeoman627
I am not sure this will help but I just saw one in are local paper but a 1998 with 180hours for $4500 in new condition also. Are you sure that your is not a newer model then a 1994?? Good Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<

BradW
Was the dealer Snook Equipment? If so, I don't think they do trades, that is why you were probably told that. If you like, I know of some other Simplicity dealers that do trades and if you send me an E-mail I would be glad to give you the names and numbers of other local dealers that may be of help to you, my E-mail is bw10_us@yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you,-BradW

dmcluckie
SPeck, You are right, it's in great shape. But I don't like the hand hydro, and the electric deck lift. I prefer a foot control for the hydro, and a hydraulic deck lift. Power steering would be nice for the womenfolk too. The deck lift seems like nitpicking, but the electric one is slow and you don't know when it's reached its limit. When I cross driveways and such it is a pain. -Don