Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

7790 Diesel paint job

Recommended Posts

I have been working on sandblasting the deck and finishing off the rest of the tractor so it is one color again. I had a local guy make all replacement decals for me. They went on and look great. I took off the front axle for painting and both sets off wheel bearings were bad as were the tires, they still held air but were really dry rotted. My son was looking around in the garage and found a very new looking set of front tires for me to use. I went to a local Simplicity dealer and they had all the small parts that I needed, front wheel bearings, rubber hold down for fuel tank, tubes for both front tires and the little rubber caps that holds the springs on under the seat. So for about $75 I had everything needed to finish my project. Other than having to buy a new battery I think it will be ready to use soon. As soon as I'm totally done with the tractor I'll post a final picture.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this