Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

broadmoor 728

McGill

Just picked up a broadmoor for $25.00 complete but doesn't run. Then the real story. As I'm paying for it another guy walks up and says, "I have one just like that I'll sell for $20.00 and it runs." I'm going tomarrow to pick it up. Boy what a nice day.

Sounds like you've got you're weekend plans cut out for you. Should be interesting why the one doesn't run. Perhaps between both of them, you can have one 'work-horse' and a parts tractor. The Broadmoor is a great tractor - I've got three - one 728 and two 738s. The 728 is engineless (original engine blown - connecting rod through the crankcase). I'm in the process of putting an engine together for it. Have fun !!! Tom K.

Ain't it amazing what you can buy for little to nothing sometimes? I have 6 more "cleaning my garage out" specials to look at this weekend- 3414H, 3415H, 7112H, two lawn tractors, and a stick control rear engine rider. I keep telling all of you these local ads that I run wanting non running Simplicity/AC really pay off this time of year ! Keep Smiling Sam PS: The best people to buy the Yellow and Orange from are those who are proud of that new "Green" machine in their garage.

You people are disgusting!! 8o) It's hard to find used Simplicitys or A-C's here in East Tennessee let along get them so cheap. Roy

Ditto Roy, here in Ak I own the only two I've seen, heard of a few others but can;t find them. No ditto on the disgusting, I'm just a bit green with envie, MPH