Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help pricing some of my tractors for sale!

roma3112

Well I thought I would never say this but I am seriously considering selling some of my three simplicity tractors. I Have been looking at the kubota bx24 and 25's and currently they are offering no money down and o% for 60 months. Here is what I have that I am looking to sell 1) simplicity sovereign circa 2000 (purchased brand new) has 48" mower (mower perfect shape) 42" snow-blower with power chute and power angle (blower is showing its age but works fine). The unit also comes with a simp soft cab(paid $500.00 for that) Oh one important thing the unit total has about 200.00 hours at about 100 hours the engine was replaced under warranty by simplicity with an Al Edens kit thru my Simplicity dealer. The machine has an 18hp Command not the other engine with the OHC & OHV that had many issues. I also have for this machine and not necessarily for sale a brand new "johnny weight box) a brand new grader blade (dutch) with a john holcomb hitch. I have a like new 36" rototiller. For the tractor and mower alone I paid $6,300.00 plus the soft cab(500.00) & rear lift kit. It goes without saying that the machine is in near flawless shape with very few scratches ect. I have all records slips in a book and have excedded the maintenance intervals since new.I am looking for guidance on pricing this to sell or trade in . 2) the second machine is a suunstar 20hp with about 678 hours on it. I am the second owner. The body is all there, there is no rust or large dents but there are NO decals on it and I did a real good but far from perfect total paint job on it. The unit has a locking 2spd rear end and also comes with a johnny-bucket that has been upgraded to an electric dump. The machine mechanicly is 100% I got it 5 years ago and have changed all filters fluids ect and have used nothing but synthetic grease oil ect. The machine is a little ugly but I use it the most and it is prob my favorite. That johnny bucket had done more work for me than I can ever say. 3) the third machine is a Sunstar 20hp 2spd & locking trans with 60" mower. I got this second owner and it was a garage queen. The machine has all the stickers guards its all orig and in great cosmetic and mechanical shape. I use this as my weekly mower and it has no mechanical issues, obvouusly there are normal scratches no dents, but when I forst saw the machine my reaction was "wow great shape" I traded a plastic husquavarna tractor for this. I know opinions are abundant but that is what I need, I am flying blind here a bit but I have to sell some of these off because of the space money and wife :) Thanks to you all!

I think they're worth what ever someone's willing o pay for them. Try listing them in the Club's Classifieds.

I had a hard time selling a legacy for 2650. Granted it was high hours but it ran great. 2 wheel drive of course. Sunstars bring 800-1500 in Wisconsin when I see them. The sovereign is a tough one. Guys have the diesels and have a hard time pulling 1500. Now your machine is much much cleaner but my guess is 2000-2500 is not out of the question, just need to find the right buyer. Good luck, looks like a beautiful machine!

Here in the Northeast the prices for this stuff seem higher. However that is always when I am buying not selling :( I have also decided to sell my 3112h it is a shame I don't use it more. I would rather sell it to a collector that will do more with her than just put it in a barn and forget about it. I am hoping my new sovereign will do much better than 2500.00 the machine cost more than twice that . Too bad the Kubota dealer wouldnt take trade ins C

I paid $1,500 for my sunstar a few years back with 60" deck and power push blade. Let me play devil's advocate here. Why is it that you need the Bx Kubota? Are you getting a loader or other attachments for it? My FIL has a bx2200 and yes it is a cool machine, but it is not that much bigger or capable than the Sunstar. My FIL only uses his for mowing and has the loader and he has had more electrical and mechanical problems with that tractor than I have ever had with a simplicity. Sounds like you have a nearly complete fleet built up for summer and winter use. I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan and believe in only cash so the financing is just crazy to me. I personally wouldn't get rid of 3-4 paid for US made (for the most part) functioning tractors for a 12-15k loan on a new foreign tractor. Please don't stone me, just giving my opinion. Jim

I am actually dreaming of a b7800 and keeping my sovereign for mowing. THe b will be my pallet mover and snowblower. Ahhh the dream... I hope you git your number roma...maybe your area is different.

A problem I see in getting the full value of a tractor right now is the forced sales flooding the market from the collapsed economy. I live near you, John, and I bought a 90's Sovereign Hydro 18 a couple weeks ago in Merrimac, which is up by you, for the seller's asking price of $350. The seller lived in a Merrimac River front subdivision of million dollar homes. He told me his company designed and made generic little computer chips that go into all kinds of gadgets. The problem, he said, is that he has no idea who the end users are. The chips have such wide applications that he sells them through a wholesaler. So he had no feedback or warning when the imploded economy imploded his orders for chips. They just stopped completely without warning. Kind of like the scrap dealers who got caught when scrap prices and demand went from crazy to nothing overnight. At the same time this is the time to buy a SCUTS or a CUTS. One of my oldest friends is a small time farmer out in New York state. He's buying a new tractor, I don't know if he is done yet. He lives in farm country and dealships are big out there and have a lot of unsold inventory. It's just like the auto industry. He likes the New Holland, Case, Farmall brand as they are all, according to him, the same tractor (kind of like MTD makes Cub Cadet, Troy Built, White and others) and they have very cheap deals on them right now. Also there is some stimulus money apparently and you can write off (depreciate) the entire cost of the tractor in the first year. Uh, you would have to be in business to take advantage of this, of course. On top of this the price on left over tractors are very highly discounted and they offer nothing down and zero percent financing. He says he thinks the New Holland/Case/Farmall brands are all make in Italy (yikes). He has a New Holland 60HP he bought 5 years ago he says has held together well. I got to work this tractor in the field when it was new and I was out visiting and it was incredible. Smooth. All the controls layed out right to hand, right where you need them. I almost went crazy and bought one. If they delivered it out of state I would not even owe sales tax. But I would have to start a business to get most of the benefit from the stimulus package. Still, at the end of the day, you will never buy a big tractor for less money than right now. By the same token you will never buy a big Chrysler sedan for less money than right now, LOL!

My old friend just sent an email and the new tractor is in the driveway:

No news other than here it is. Looks like a Case. No news on how much. If he will tell and say it's OK to tell all I'll let you know. I bet the selling price was so low in this market that it will amaze you.

sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00sm00 I am drooling over that one!!!

JONATHON Yeah the only reason I am remotely contemplating buying a kubota is the 0 % for 5 years. I found a local dealer that has a leftover bx24 tlb and they want 15,700 but I got to pay tax :( Places in NH all want nearly 17k for a BX25 which is the current model. NONE of these dealers seem to be in any recession NOBODY wants to discount anything atleast those dealers in Mass and N.H all of them are within $200.00 of each other on price. Can you say price fixing :D I am really on the fence about buying now I have no immediate need but I know of a half dozen little projects that I can chip away at little by little if I had the BX. Borrowing or renting wont work because of the sporadic nature of when i will have the time to do the work. I hate to sell any of the simplicities i own but The cash and space are needed. I wish I knew the dealer cons on the bx24 so I could doo some real barganing. take care

Friend of mine bought a new Kubota 4WD I'd say in the 20+HP range with a loader.I bought a AC 312 and 416 from him the 312 didn't have an engine.The Kubota would not lift the 312 onto the back of my F550 Ford truck pretty pathetic in my opinion.Thought it was pretty funny I had to go home and get my 30+year old Oliver 1365 that I gave $500 for to do a job his new BIG $$$$ Rice burner wouldn't do:D BTW Yanmar and AGCO tractors are far better than Kubotas in my opinion.

John, Here's the scoop on the Case my friend got this week: - Case Farmall 34HP 4WD hydrostatic transmission w/front and back PTO, left over from last year, less than an hour on it - 72" quick release bucket that fits skidsteer attachments - 7.5 foot backhoe with 18" bucket - Around $20K, financed 0% for 6 years. I don't know what the original price was but that has to be a huge discount. He said the dealers out in his rural farm area have left over tractors. The reason why it has a backhoe on it is that it is a left over. On a new one you get a choice of a free FEL or the 0% financing. On a left over I think you not only effectively get a free backhoe as well (because the dealer is heavily discounting the original price) but you also get even better financing terms due to factory incentives to clear out the left overs. My guess is that there are no bargains on SCUTS in suburban areas. I think you have to look at CUTS and bigger in outlying farm areas to find dealers with inventory they want to get off the books. Also, if you are a farmer and have bought new tractors from the dealer before and will again in the future then you are the guy the dealer is going to give a really sweet deal to on a left over he wants gone.

My massey 1533 has 66 inch bucket and 7.5 ft backhoe. I believe the price was 23K four years ago. I looked at the kubota's but they weren't as heavily built. We don't pay taxes on ag equipment here. Roll up to vermont and buy.