Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Revitalizer

Brettw

Happened to see a revitalizer for a large frame tractor on e-bay, and it was close to home. I was willing to go as high as $ 150.00, it looked to be in pretty good shape. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw what it eventually went for. $ 510.00 !! Is this the going price for these? I know we don't see many for sale, but heck, you can sometimes buy a whole tractor a lot cheaper than that!

I have sold a couple for $350.00. Not sure if $510.00 is the going price but it sounds like there are two people happy with the price. Tractors are easy to find and the 38" revitalizer are alot harder to find. It just boils down to what someone is willing to pay.

I sold one last year for $350 completely restored and had a ton of bites....I thought at the time that I underpriced it. This confirms it! :) Don't worry about it though. They work very well, but have a very limited function and frankly are a pain. I did not like mine. Though I will say that since I have rid myself of mine, I saw in the archives that some member uses his to break up sheets of ice on his driveway. I hadn't thought of that and since my wife seems to go out of her way to drive on the snow before I get a chance to remove it, this might be a good alternative use! :D Edit: oh and that seller is a member and a genuinely good guy. If he does not use all of the money buying designer shoes for his baby daughter, I am sure he will buy you a drink at next February's 4th annual bull shession at the Mineshaft in Hartford. Mark your calendar Brett. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=98487[/url]

Yes, lil-Bee was shopping online at Bloomingdales soon after the auction ended, lol. She just started crawling over the weekend so walkings not that far off. I was also surprised to see it go for that much but it is in very good shape. I seem to recall that Dutch sold his for more than this on eBay 4-5 years ago. I was very glad that he is going to pick this up. It was eye-opening how much freight companies quote to ship something this size and weight. Dan

Well, congrats, the more the merrier, but I was surprised. And if I can remember that far ahead, I shall save room for a cocktail on February 4th. :D