Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2010 Current Progress

pungo

Looking good so far. Are you going to leave that seat on it? Looks like you robbed an old Sears tractor for the tires:D.

I've always wanted a Garden Tractor with this style seat.When I cleaned out the old Repair Shop there were tons of old parts including this seat and spring.I really like the way it sits. I am getting a set of 23.8.5-12 Ag tires for the rear,haven't decided on the front. Really just waiting to complete the motor before I do anything else.

Looks nice. Are you going to straighten the fenders back to their original upright position? Tom

Simpletom, you have me perplexed.I have noticed on the Allis Models the fenders do appear to be higher,but what I have I thought looked original.Other than a few dings and dips here and there they don't appear to be bent. Yes, I took this one down pretty far and detailed everything.I will Post a few more pictures.I touched up the decals rather than replace,never could find the proper Caution Dash decal. Not sure what this seat came from,but the spring was the valuable part to me,smaller than a tractor spring and just right for this application.If I can ever finagle a restored Simplicity seat I may trade.

I wish I would have taken more before pictures,I have all the wiring/carb linkage photos.I took 3 bushel baskets of rats nest out of this thing before I even took the first photo.

I see it now Tom! Somebody either bent my brackets down to keep mud off them or Time and big butts did it, either way, yes,the original upright fenders look great. Thanks, that is why I love this place, the people!

Thanks Comet, John! I prefer the Allis version of the seat setup, looks more like a tractor.But a traditional pan seat has always been my favorite.I intend to set this up with Ag tires and a stack muffler,these were real little tractors no doubt,not some glorified lawnmower(but I like those too). I have been de-greasing this thing for the past Month, but I was fortunate there is very little rust. My Buddy who asked me to clean out his Daddys' small engine shop told me I might not want this Simplicity cause it was so rough.I haven't got the heart to show him these pics but I will eventually have to show him the finished Tractor.

Looks real good so far, and a hydro lift, lucky.:p I'm in the process of restoring a Landlord 101 but I'm not near as far as you. I had to power wash mine twice with degreaser before I really got cracking on it. I'm currently rebuilding the BGB. I am also going to put some nice ags on and a stack muffler with a 16hp transplant. Keep up the good work, gives me confidence in the final product.