Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

TILLER HELP!!!!

MowerMechanic

so i made some brackets to hook up the tiller for my 6500 onto the 6200. got it attached no problem, lifts up and down fine and belt egages fine. so here are my two problems. 1: this one may not be fixable, the pto drive on this comes off the side of the diff so when i push clutch or varidrive the tiller slows/stops aswell, annoying!! 2: main problem, the tiller just wants to send the tractor flying forwards.i can put the trans in nuetral and drop the tiller and im going mach 2. if i ease the tiller down it will drop in and till like normal but this just doesnt seem right. and looking at the tines it is turning correct direction and the ground i am tilling was just tilled last year and not super hard. thanks guys

Can't speak to your drive problem as mine is shaft driven. However my tiller will sometimes push my Sunstar, depending on the type of ground I'm tilling. I just give it a little brake to hold it back until the ground loosens up some.

It is the same on my 6200 tiller setup - Clutch in, nothing moves - so I slowly drive to the area to be tilled and lower it....

i could be wrong, but i think the tiller only works when you are moving. i find it works best in 1st and then bust it up smaller in second. i have a 6216 and my dad has a 6111 and they both work this way...hope this helps!!