Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

good reason to build a fence...

memphis

Well, my neighbors stink. Because of them I had to put up over 200 feet of privacy fence to keep things out of view. The good part of that is, I'm able to bring home all my tractors and parts and can work on them regularly and figure out what I got!

[IMG]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd67/memphis0703/riding%20tractors/yard4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd67/memphis0703/riding%20tractors/yard5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd67/memphis0703/riding%20tractors/yard6.jpg[/IMG]

If I had that many I think my wife would kill me and I wouldn't have to worry about my neighbors Nice fleet you have.

Looks good Matt. You know if you got enough friends together you could have a Power Tour with your Garden Tractors. :D Tom

Those are cool pics and nice fence. Sorry about your neighbors some people just s_ck! You need a garage for all taht stuff brother!

Nice fleet and my thought on the neighbors. Take the muffler off one of those bigger tractors run a strait pipe. And just before dark rev it up and down for a few minutes. And then when they complain say pay my taxes. Just a thought great Simplicity A/Cs and parts. BOB

I'd have put the nice side of the fence facing in towards your house. If they don't like the look of the back side, they could put up their own fence to hide yours.

looking good!!:D sorry about the neighbors. people just don't understand the diiference between a "junk yard" and a "treasure yard" you my friend have a VERY nice "treasure yard":p

If I were your neighbor you would have to put razor wire on top of the fence to "try" to keep me out!!}:)}:) Nice fence and great collection!

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
whoa....:D I like that AC branded extension ladder.
Ah yes, my favorite piece!

We painted a friend of ours fence hot pink on teh neighbors side, needless to say they deserved it :)

wow with over 30 not a lot of lawn left you may want to scafell them in a few rows so you can keep some lawn

Good looking fence and a nice, neat place but there is a reason for zoning laws. A residential neighborhood is not supposed to look like an industrial park or junkyard. I must side with the neighbors on this one. My opinion,

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Good looking fence and a nice, neat place but there is a reason for zoning laws. A residential neighborhood is not supposed to look like an industrial park or junkyard. I must side with the neighbors on this one. My opinion,
Heres the problem with that. When they complained, there was NOTHING in my yard. I had them stored at a storage yard elsewhere. It wasnt a zoning problem either, I am not running a business. Now with the fence, I can keep them in MY yard where nosey neighbors cant say a thing. (and yes, I checked with the city before I brought them all home) Still siding with the neighbors?

quote:
Originally posted by Dark
wow with over 30 not a lot of lawn left you may want to scafell them in a few rows so you can keep some lawn
I only enclosed a small area of the yard, I still have plenty left to mow outside the fence!

quote:
I only enclosed a small area of the yard
With 30 tractors left to bring home, me thinks you will be kicking yourself for not enclosing the whole yard. You need to dig a moat and put some alligators in it! Seriosly though, have you ever met Gary the local craigslist guy? He is not a club member, but a really good guy nonetheless (imagine that, another genuine tractor guy). He had a yard full of tractors and the neighbors approached the situation from a little different angle: they complained that he was running a business out of his home. So he had to rent a storage unit not because his yard looked like Sanford and Son, but because the neighborhood bylaws said you could not operate a business. So be careful. Of course, if you just give away stuff for free (i.e. I'll take the ladder and the B10), then that is hardly a business. Heck, you could register as a 501(c)3 charitable organization and instantly become the club's most popular member.sm01

My neighbors are the 'out of sight, out of mind' mindset so there SHOULD be no worries. Like I said, I cleared it with the city planner before all this started. There will be nothing to draw their eyes to worry about complaining. Besides, MANY of them are getting parted out or sold off, so the numbers will come down drastically now that I can concentrate on working on them. I have no need or desire to keep that many tractors around. MAYBE 10-15 by the time I'm done, maybe even less.

Heres the end result. As I say, these will be worked down to the low teens in number, the rest will be parted or fixed and sold. Neighbors are happy, I'm happy and now I can concentrate on thinning them out and getting some of the others I want to finish off the collection. Am hopefully working on a large frame Homelite and one day hope to find a Panzer and a patio John Deere. Some others would be cool, but are pricey and really hard to come across.