Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lug style tires

MPH

wondering what brand most of you run for lug tires? Lookin at goodyear power torgue, Carlise super lug and firestone. I like the looks of the firestone on Cedar Rapid tire co but a bit spendieeeee. Does some who is a sponcer of the club sell tires? would rather support them thanks for any feedback MPH

We run mostly lug type tires here. Just bought 4 pairs of new Carlisles. They are kind of a squat wide tire on the rim. At $56 each from Tractor Supply Inc. its not a bad price and we like them. I also have a pair of Good Years. They sit tall and narrow on the rim. They are nice too, but I would not pay the new price for them, i bought them used for $75 on rims for the pair. These are all 10.50x12x23 in size. Sam

Hello, I picked up a set of used 26"x12"x12" Carlisles on 10.5" wide steel rims, and love them. Think I paid $150 + shipping. I had been looking at buying new, and I cannot understand why the Firestones and others cost up to twice what the Carlisles cost. I have bought other tires from Cedar Rapids Tire and found they had the best deal around. For the front, I bought a set of Armstrong 5x8 Ag on Ebay for $20 for the pair and they worked great in the snow and mud. They are mounted backwards as it was indicated on the sidewall. Happy tractoring