Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 Forklift

Learning

Did anyone catch a look at the B-10 Forklift on E-bay? Never seen one before only in the manual. I hope a member gets it. It would be pretty neat to see some close-up photos of the hydraulics, attachment points, ect.

As a collectable the price did seem low. But as a usable "tool" it seemed high. It is a one use tool, and to put stuff up on shelves you need floor space to manuver, something most of us probably lack. For my money, I would rather have a self leveling loader, with forks. Sort of what Smilin Sam had for a while. That way you could use it as a loader and a fork lift.

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
As a collectable the price did seem low. But as a usable "tool" it seemed high. It is a one use tool, and to put stuff up on shelves you need floor space to manuver, something most of us probably lack. For my money, I would rather have a self leveling loader, with forks. Sort of what Smilin Sam had for a while. That way you could use it as a loader and a fork lift.
I agree. The same could be said of the L-10/L-12 loaders and several other of the more rare attachments. I've seen tractors with one of those loaders sell in this price range. But, this is one of the rarest -- if not the most rare -- of the B-series attachments. The "ground saw" might be even more rare...

The one advantage of the B-10 /forklift is lift heighth. With the loaders on the tractors about 66" or so is the max. Even the GC2300 subcompact I had only lifted about that high. Theres a Sears SS16 with a self leveling loader in PEoria Craigslist for only $1200. If it were closer I'd be tempted, but the Deere will work OK even though its not self leveling. A good operator can level the load as it raises pretty easy with a two lever control if its setup properly. A forklift and a trencher would be the two most useful oddball attachments if not the rarest. My eyes are watching for a trencher. I have a number of uses for one of those at the moment.

I think the earth auger is up there too in rarity and usefulness. Agreed though, a trencher would be soooo useful.

Erik this one is not to far from you, just across the state. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=74566&SearchTerms=trencher

• 2 weeks later...
there was a dealer/mec. that went out of business in a few towns over from me that had a big-ten with a fork lift but of course he would not sell it he said he had uses for it yet? Haven't seen it or him lately to ask again.

Andy, I wonder if thats the one I bought? Mine was on a Simplicity with a front end loader. He was an ex-dealer and used to repair these style tractors from his garage-shop for years. When I bought it his son was cleaning up for the home sale. The gentleman passed away but I guess this tractor was his work horse for almost everything. Dan