Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunrunner- Eaton 7 Hydro gets slooooower when warm

Blu

Ive got this Sunrunner (actually its an Agco-Allis 1316H) with an Eaton 7 Hydro (at least I think thats what it appears to be from this thread http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=104833 )that works great when I first start out mowing but gradually looses speed after roughly 15-25 mins of running to the point that it will barely pull itself in the garage without the PTO engaged. I cant find any help on this in any manuals. Is there anything I can try or do to this to help it or at least try before rebuild or replacing?? I thought maybe changing fluid but I cant seem to find a drain plug either . Any ideas folks??

Man, I'm glad I found this again for you. I was just going to post about doing a google search b/c I couldn't remember where I saw it. Anyway one of the Q&A's says something about the tractor slowing as it gets warmer and what is likely wrong. [url]http://www.jimsrepairjimstractors.com/hydrostatic-transmission-transmission-rebuild.htm[/url]

Oh, I just found the part in the Q&A's it's about 1/4 of the way down about a hydrostat on a '73 Wheelhorse. Sorry man, but it's not good & he says it calls for a complete rebuild. Hopefully it's something else & maybe someone here can offer an alternative.

78, THANK You VERY much!! Thats a GREAT site and it has a lot of info AND a place to see about a rebuild anyways.. THANKS!8D And YUP!...From reading some other of those Q and A's it sure does indeed appear this Hydro is definitly on its way south, unfortunatly. Ill have to talk to that guy sbout an Eaton though cause all he talks about is offering rebuilding for The Sundstrand hydros. I REALLY do appreciate the link Bud. Bad news or not, its what I wanted to know, and you came thru, and I appreciate that more than I can say. Thanks 78! 8D Anybody else have any more good news?? LOL:D:D:D Just kidding 78 :D Anyone know where I might pick up a used one??? Any body parting one out???

Common Causes of slow no power 1.Control linkage bent, loose or out of adjustment Repair or replace vehicle linkage 2.Drive belt slipping or pulley damaged Repair or replace drive belt or pulley 3.Oil level low or contaminated oil Fill to proper level or change oil. 4.Excessive loading Reduce vehicle load. 5.Bypass loose Tighten bypass (some models). 6.Air trapped in hydraulic system, Purge hydraulic system. 7.Inlet leak Check all externals to BDP inlet. 8.Inlet filter clogged Replace filter. 9. Hopefully its never this but Suspected internal damage