Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wont stop

onlyorange

I have a allis 410 with shuttle shift and when I put it back to the neutral position it does not stop if on hill keeps rolling, how do you adjust it so it will stop.

Welcome to the club! Shuttle adjustment should be outlined in your owner's manual. At first this may appear to be a complicated task, but if you take your time and nothing is excessively worn, it should work out fine. It took me two tries to get it right, but once it's set, it should stay there for a while. In the manual for my 3410S (shuttle), it states 'creeping in neutral' requires less tension on the clutch belt. However, if adjusted too loose, you may not have full pulling power due to belt slippage. Your set up may vary. Good LuckdOd

The neutral position on a shuttle does not prevent the tractor from rolling. If it is sitting on a hill, it will definitely roll down the hill unless the brakes are applied or it is put into either forward or reverse. The neutral position does not lock up the tranny. There is a small pad that is designed to stop the pulley from spinning when in neutral, but it will not hold the weight of the tractor on a hill.

Thank you I will check to see if the brake are working and see if they need or can be adjusted. Just bought this tractor 3 weeks ago and going to restore it, just tring to get everyting working, always wanted an Allis and i finally found this one and had to take it home with me, I have been an Allis fan since I was a kid

Here is the operators manual for your tractor. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8atF2rE3CGh54bp796Dq