Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Regent mower rollers

I need some help with my new Regent mower. The full width rollers on the rear of the deck are great and the mower does a great job, but I must be missing something here. My deck has a manual lift lever on the right side of the deck. There are 6 settings with 1 for the lowest and 6 for the highest setting. That is all very straight-forward. The question that I have is: How do I lift the entire deck including the rear roller? When I lift with the lever, the deck raises but the rollers drop so that they stay on the ground. When I go over a small obstacle, the rollers catch on the obstacle - i.e., a sidewalk raised about 2". Is there any way to retract the rollers so they don't drag? What do you guys do when you go down the street or the sidewalk? Don't the rollers continue to ride on the pavement?

Hi Warren, Sure does not sound normal to me at all. Although I have a Broadmoor the 2 setups aren't all that different. The rollers from my thinking should stay put while the deck is being raised so that they aren't touching the ground for transporting. I know some others have Regents here so maybe they can help you out or even call your dealer and ask "ahh" what gives here. Good Luck with your new ride, >>->happyjack<-<<

Mine is the same way, I guess I thought it was normal, maybe it was a defective thing?? Mine is a 2000 model-BradW

Warren, I just placed a deposit today on a new Regent. When I operated the deck lever, the rollers stayed in one position while the deck raised or lowered with the lever. I am going to ask my dealer before he delivers it how the roller should work. I will let you know what he says. Did you buy the Regent this spring or last year? Does you deck lever have a spring loaded botton on the top? That is the most recent model of the Regent. Let me know how you like to Regent other than this roller issue. Do you bag or mulch with it? If you do how well does it work in these two modes? Did you get the 15 hp Kohler with 38" deck? Like to hear your comments, Thanks, Marc

Warren, My Broadmoor has the 16hp briggs engine along with the 38" deck and that bagger will suck just about anything dirt included as long as the grass isn't to wet or to high and in that case just slow it down. You are going to love the way it picks up the grass and even the leaves. >>->happyjack<-<<

The 2000 model and 2001 model are the same thing, I will attach a pic so you can see that it is the same, the hood and seat and everything are all the same, I call the photo "Meet Your Grandfather"! It is my 59' wonderboy to my 2000 regent, honestly, my regent sits higher than the 59'! Thanks,-BradW http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1659972&a=12716975&p=47277567