Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar tiller for $1300

Hastolloy

I have a chance to buy the entire tiller setup for my Sunstar....I know the value of something is always in the eyes of the buyer....But I was wondering if $1300 is a good buy for this tiller...The tiller is in great condition. The bearings seem to be tight. Thanks for your time and input Mike(wisconsin)

I do not know the going rate for a tiller for a Sunstar, but it seems high to me. I would think that with a little looking, you could buy a Sovereign tractor and tiller and mower deck for about half of that cost.

The whole set up ??? do you mean the rear hitch, or 3 point hitch, lift, and or PTO? and What tiller is it the heavy duty or the normal one?

I guess it depends on how bad you need/want one.If it includes the complete hitch and PTO setup and the tiller is in great shape I'd say its not too high.Those tillers are hard to find and nothing else will realy fit your tractor.

Yes everything...PTO, hitch, lift, tiller.....But I dont know if it is the normal one or heavy duty...it is the 38" wide one if that helps any.... Thanks Mike(Wisconsin)
quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
The whole set up ??? do you mean the rear hitch, or 3 point hitch, lift, and or PTO? and What tiller is it the heavy duty or the normal one?

Sounds high to me but its a hard one to find. I would think 500-600 would be fair? Anything less is a good deal. Like others said, how bad do you want it?

38 inch tillers are hard to find, many people advertise theirs as 38 when they are actually the common 36 inch tiller. The 38 is driven from the side of the tiller rather than the center

38 inch tillers are hard to find, many people advertise theirs as 38 when they are actually the common 36 inch tiller. The 38 is driven from the side of the tiller rather than the center

I've never seen anything but the 38" tiller set up for the Sunstar. Available in two flavors though, 2000 rpm (requiring a 3-point hitch), and engine speed rpm (using the Simp. rear lift kit). But if the PTO and hitch come with it, this should not a problem. Just keep in mind that complete includes the switch, wiring, and gas tank. There are two different gas tanks on the Sunstar. One has a tunnel formed in the bottom to allow clearance for the rear PTO, and the other has a flatter bottom, not allowing it to be used with the PTO. As far as value....that's up to the parties involved.

I have the tunnel version on the gas tank, so we are a go on that. I had no clue about the gas tank issue, Thanks for the heads up on that one. Mike
quote:
Originally posted by comet66
I've never seen anything but the 38" tiller set up for the Sunstar. Available in two flavors though, 2000 rpm (requiring a 3-point hitch), and engine speed rpm (using the Simp. rear lift kit). But if the PTO and hitch come with it, this should not a problem. Just keep in mind that complete includes the switch, wiring, and gas tank. There are two different gas tanks on the Sunstar. One has a tunnel formed in the bottom to allow clearance for the rear PTO, and the other has a flatter bottom, not allowing it to be used with the PTO. As far as value....that's up to the parties involved.