Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Whit65

Broadmoor Ignition wire color confusion

Whit65
Hi Folks, Happy to find this forum! I have a Broadmoor, not sure of the year but it's probably 1990's. Dropped a new 15.5 HP Briggs in it last year and now I'm having some electrical problems. In my working on it the wires came off of the ignition (key) switch and I don't know which wires go to which tabs! The only one that is still on there is the red wire going onto the tab marked with an "S" The other tabs, there are 5 others, are marked M, L, B, and G. I know what the letters stand for thanks to this forum, but I don't know which of my wires goes to which tab as I cannot trace the wires to were they end up! The wires I have to choose from that came off of the switch are: Blue/White Stripe, Purple/White Stripe, Black, and Red/Black Stripe. Can anyone tell me by the colors which wire goes to which tab on the starter switch? Many thanks if you can, you'll save me some $$! Greg Whitaker

goatfarmer
Welcome!:D I have a Broadmoor 12.5 (with a newer Vanguard 14 in it). It has a molded plug that plugs into the switch. Your's doesn't have that? Anyway, the wires in the plug go like this, from the top: -Gray- -Red- -Brown/white- -2 Black wires- -Red/White Red/Gray- Does that make sense?

Whit65
Hi, thanks for the reply. My other Broadmoor is newer and does have the molded plug you mentioned. I tried to go from this but the wire colors were different, sounds like the same colors as yours. Unfortunately I cannot identify the model or year of the Broadmoor in question since part of the frame with the numbers has been sawed away to make room for the new engine's oil filter. Any other thoughts on these wire colors? Thanks everyone! Greg