Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dlcentral

Snow Thrower Hitch

Kent
Kent: Absolutely. You can copy, modify, or link, whatever you prefer. I'm honored if this small contribution will help others, as SimpletrACtors has helped me a great deal. If we get the 12" snowfall we're expecting Saturday, I'll post some action pix. Wishing you and all the club members a Happy New Year. Herb.................

dlcentral
A few months ago I posted a message about a hitch I built for my tractor. I was asked to post pictures, so here they are.[A href='http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/snohitch/snohitch.htm']http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/snohitch/snohitch.htm[/a]

You've got it! Your 914H blower and hitch should fit your 3416H. Adding an ear to your 3416H center PTO idler bracket, or swapping idler brackets should also work. It sounds like you already know what size belt you'll need. Simplicity lists 126" and a 134.5" belts, but a 130" should be available somewhere. The only other "problem" you may have are the length of the controls for the lift and spout. That should be an easy work-a-round. In fact, I'll be posting some pictures of a telescoping "universal" lift I made that fits all my front mount attachments. Initially, the only reason I made the hitch was because I couldn't buy one to mate a Kubota blower to a Simplicity tractor. Since I had to make a hitch, I decided to make one to utilize 2 short ($15) belts rather than 1 long ($50) belt. Not only are the short belts cheaper, they are easier to find "in stock" without ordering.

shaggyhill
Great. Now all I need to do is come up with a cheap used center PTO idler bracket and measure the belt length. The 130" was a guess based upon the 147" belt length for my 916H. The lift rod length is not a problem as the one I have is adjustable by using two sliding collars with a set-screws. One collar has an angled rod welded to it that fits in the front attachment lift holes. I use the same lift rod for my snow blade on both tractors and adjust the length with the collars. I don't know if this type rod was factory or not as I have not seen any other 3400/7000 or 700/900 tractors with front attachments but mine. Thanks for the info. Brent

TomF
If you added the extra "ear" to the mower idler bracket to reposition the idler pulley like on the 7100/900 series, or swapped the bracket, what would prevent you from attaching the blower on a 3000/700 series in the same way as you do the 7100/900 series? Just the shorter belt length? I have both a 3416H and a 916H with a 42" blower for the 916H and would like to be able to use the blower on either. Would a 130 something inch belt be impossible to find? Thanks, Brent