Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite tractor update 7- 29 -09 IT'S ALIVE!!!

SimpleTom

Some of you might remember my Homelite T-10 I picked up awhile ago. This is what it looked like on the first day I got it home.

Then after a power wash.

After some disassembly and a bath in the electrolysis tank.

The rust you see is just rust sediment that just needed to be washed off with the power washer. I finally got around to painting some of the parts. Got some assembly done also. The decals were made by someone on another site. They aren't exact but the tractor isn't 100% original anymore anyways. I am adding a 16hp engine, hydrostatic trans, electric lift and headlight buckets. It is now a T-16. I have a set of wide front rims that I am going to get some tri ribs mounted onto. But I have to buy the tires first. :D

Tom

Thats looks awesome Tom! Going to be really cool to see finished. Now I might also have to finish my tractor restoration...:D

whoa....daddy likey! Keep your notes on decals and paint colors cuz that is my next project. Nice work!!

WOW -- Looking gooddOddOd I like the power stripes on the hood, did you add those? I'm also interested in info on the decals and what you used for paint. Oh, yeah, I like that seat too, it's not too tall in back. Is that one from TSC?

Thanks for the compliments guys! I am hoping to have it ready for a show in late August. Don't have far to go now. Yes Roy, Daniel did the decals. I am going to have to buy the throttle and other saftey decals off ebay. Mark, you better get that tractor done for Sussex. With all the time you have you should be able to do your whole fleet. I will have done two tractors in the time it took you to do one. The stripes on the hood are replica decals of the originals. They remind me of the early 70's muscle car stripes. The paint is Rustoleum Safety Blue and Rustoleum Canvas White. The blue is a little off from original but I think it looks "Cool". I'm not sure where the seat is from. I got it on another tractor I bought and thought it would look good on the Homelite. Bob, I wanted to make it as close to original as possible and use the wider rims but I may have to go with the smaller tri ribs for now until I take in some more scrap metal to build up my tractor fund. Tom

Tom, That is a real nice tractor. I'm hoping that my Allis built T-10 looks half that good. I used TSC Ford blue. I like your blue better. Our show is in two weeks. I will have the "Homie" there finished, or not. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of yours when you are finished. Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished painting the engine and installing it. Fired it up and drove it with the untested Hydrostatic trans. I pulled it from a parts tractor that I never had running. I only knew it moved while turning over the engine. But boy does it work great. I have a few minor bugs to work out (one set of headlights aren't working and carb needs adjusting) and need to order the decals. It will be at the Sussex show for sure.

Tom

[url]http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/sound_effects_WAV/sound_effect_WAV_files/boing_1.wav[/url]