Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mwells

After 3+1/2 Years......

mwells
Finally got this B-1 done!!!! I've been working on it for quite awhile now in my spare time. I took a while but it came out great! It runs like a top and it is alot of fun to drive! Nothing got spared on this one, as you can see it has the later B-10 axle tube in it. The B-1 style wasn't avalible anymore so thats about the only thing that doesn't look quite original. I overhauled the engine, bgb, and trannsmission. All the peices where sandblasted, fixed(if needed) primed and painted. I thought you guys would like to see it. Only one problem with it??!!:O:O I don't get to keep it!!!:(:(:( I restored it for a friend so hopefully he will get alot of enjoyment out of it.8D

I can't get over the shine in this picture. The sum must have been just right. My cousin painted the sheet metal, I hope to learn alot from him!

This is a nos grill he found at an old allis dealer!! Still have the wrapper to prove it! lol

dirtmister16
very nice, umm that should be put in a showroom and driven in a track, never worked. that is very nice. good job. umm how many you want shipped to you? i have about 5 that could use your labor of love. lol just kidding. (ill get to em over the next 20 or so years)

dentwizz
That is a museum masterpiece dude! Take her to shows and win money for that investment,:D8D Most shows around here would pay big bucks for a first prize like that.

Chris727
That is mint!!!! I too agree, its one of the best I've seen yet. Where did he find the new early style lift lever grip?

jkmustang1
Boy You have set the bar high for the rest of us Very nice and your cousin should get a good pay for that fantastic paint I spent some time as a go-for in my uncle's auto restoration shop so I can't say enough about fit and finish you both deserve a atta-boy for this sweet machine

mwells
Thanks for all the nice comments!! The owner found the handle grips, I'll have to ask him tomorrow where he got them. I'm kinda sad to see it leave!:( LOL The tractors home is in Missouri Valley, Iowa. So you guys in Iowa might see it at a tractor show some time!

Simpleton7016
Man-oh-man. That is just unbelievable. If ever there was a "better than new" category, that tractor would be the drum leader!

Homesteader
OMG!!OO:drl that is awsome!!dOd whoever had my b-208 before my neighbor thought a rattle can job was a full resto. the underneath of the whole tractor is the original color while the rest is rattle-canned. once again VERY NICE!!!:D