Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Well I finally did it!!

MarcM

Congrats on your new Regent and I am sure you will be happy even though no one else has the sense to buy an orange one around you. Hey whats this about having to own an old Simplicity or AC tractor to belong to our club?? Your a member aren't you and I know that you havn't heard any complaints either. The way that I look at it whether you own a new one-newer one-kinda newer one-or one that 40 years old we are all brothers and friends in our club. Hey that would be like saying a person has to be an old man to belong to our tractor club "well" I am almost old ha :). Enjoy your new ride, >>->happyjack<-<<

Hi, Congratulations, you'll love the tractor. We often have guys come in and shop for a tractor and they will have a buddy along. The buddy will say "I have a JOHN DEERE xxx, like his friend is shopping beneath him. I just look at them and smile and say: "Thats OK, we'll let you move up". They are dumb founded and often say: "you're serious aren't you?" I say you better believe it, and if you want to see it I'll bring you a Simplicity out and you can mow with it. If you have flat ground, you can mow that with anything, but if you have uneven ground, I challenge you to out mow a Simplicity. Lead on, you are a very wise person. Al

Congrats to you Marc. In about 30 years from now you will be able to come to this web site and tell all about your machine just as we do about ours. One other thing, God must of loved Simplicity....why else would he make the sun ORANGE and the clouds WHITE?!?!? That's what I say about UT Volunteers also! Smokey

Marc, Congrats on the New Tractor! I seem to remember the first day you became a member and you got into the chatroom. You asked me and the people that I was chatting with, what we thought about our Simplicities; as you was contemplating buying a Simplicity. I believe a friend told you about the site. Well, to make a long story short, I sent you to the club photo album to look at my Sim. Anyway, I have to say that you won't be sorry about buying the Simplicity! Glad to see that you are still around and have the foresight to Lead all of your neighbors in the Only Logical Choice of Tractors! grandpawrichard aka: Dick Raymond

I think the oil sounds like a gimmick. But essentially you are buying a warranty extension on the motor's guts. Those are not likely to fail, but you make the call. Have fun with your new mower. -Don McLuckie

I agree with Don. I used Havoline 30HD for the last 23 years in my motor, and just recently rebuilt it (only because of normal wear and tear, at no fault of the oil) Just choose an oil and stick with it. More importantly, change your oil every 25 hours of operation. I have been known to stop right in the middle of a job to change it's oil....going over 25 is a sin in my book!! Have fun Smokey

MARC: glad you got a simplicity.i hear more and more people talking about going into a deere dealer and have to stand there and still not get any service. the truth is if you dont buy a $100,000.00 to $200,000.00 tractor or combine the deere dealers dont want to talk to us little guys who want to spend $2000.00 to $6000.00 on a garden tractor.just once i would like to go to a deere dealer and wait for them to just stand and and not wait on me and tell them you lost a $100,000.00 sale and walk out and go to agco dealer and buy what i want to buy.my point is simplicity/agco-allis stand out that is why i like them.they have a reputation for being the best and that is why i will alawys buy orange agco /simplicity tractors.they mow better than any on the market and you really have a company that will stand behind you when you have a problem.when my agco918 was down simplicity really helped me out and that is why i will stay with them for life.when someone helps me i will help them and simplicitys service is great .great job marc on your purchase .anytime you have a / fill free to ask and i will try to help as will happyjack and al and kent and everyone else on here.welcome to your 1st simplicity tractor and welcome to the best resource for simplicity/allis chalmers tractors .welcome to the bestsite on the net for tractors marc.agco918

Way to go Marc. You might wanna mention to the neighbors, some guys (me) think Deere paints em green to make em harder to see against the lawn...aka...camoflage. ~wink~ Be proud, be orange.

Marc, congratulations. My son Peter noted just yesterday that the JDs are painted the same color as dandelions. He thought the orange (A-C in our case, Simplicity in yours) of California poppies had MUCH more class! Not to "talk trash" on JD dealers, but we had a similar experience at ours. I asked the sales manager on a Saturday morning for prices on an expensive compact tractor, a blower, and large tiller. He never got up from his desk or left his office as I stood in the doorway to it. Furthermore, his eyes never left the screen of his computer for more than a few moments as he verbalized prices to me. He kept typing the whole time! I felt as you did: must be you REALLY don't need my money, and if this is what service a new prospective customer gets, I can't imagine how your service dept. will abuse me. I have enough grief in life without that! I know your new machine will work out great! Tom

on the oil, becaouse of my climate in Tok ak I run syn in everything. 23 years ago I bought a new husky 61 chain saw and fell for the dealers oil line. I don't know, to date it has never had more than a spark plug now and then, and if it hasn't cut at Least 10 cords of wood/year i've never started it. might be the husky oil, maybe not, one of those things there is no way to really check out. buyers call I guess. MPH

Thanks to all that have replied. I appreciate your kind words. Keep the replies coming. Regarding the twin Clean Sweep bagging system with a 38" deck, will this system do a decent job picking up the clippings and leaves? I did not order the Turbo system. The dealer does not feel the turbo is needed for a 38" deck. He said that if you go to the 44" 3-blade deck than the turbo would be needed. Does anyone have any experience using the standard twin bagging system without the blower on a 15hp mower? Does this system ever clog? How well does it do with the leaves in the fall? Also, the dealer told me about this Opti-4 oil that he just started to carry. If you use this companies oil they will double the factory warranty on the engine (Kohler) which means they will stand behind any of the internal parts of the engine that are lubricated with oil for four years. The price of the six pack of oil is $34.00 (pretty pricey). Has anyone heard of this oil? The dealer claims it is not synthetic oil. Does this sound like a gimmic? The dealer even admitted that this is an easy offer for this company to make since he feels that if the engine is going to have a problem, it is going to most likely happen in the first forty-five days of operation. Anyone care to chime in on this issue? Thanks again, I always look forward to checking the board to see if there are any new replies to my posting. My wife thinks I have lost it on this tractor issue! Take care, Marc

I placed a deposit on a new Regent 15 hp Kohler w/38" deck, twin bagger, and mulcher. It will be delivered next week. I did a lot of research and I think I have purchased the best tractor on the market in the $2500 to $3000 range. This site actually helped convince me about how good these Simplicity's are. Obviously it seems that most of the people that post to this site are long term loyal Simplicity owners. All of you speak very highly of these tractors and this was the deciding factor for me. I stopped at a JD dealer this morning before I went to the Simplicity dealer to rule out the LT 155. I was in his shop five minutes standing over the tractor ten feet from him while he was alone at the counter before he looked up at me and said...."Can I help you with something?" I felt like saying boy.... your a bright guy!! I guess you really don't need my $3000.00. He can keep his green tractor!! I spent my money on the funky orange brand. I have six JD's in my neighborhood and I'm going to get some grief for buying a Simplicity! Oh well, I hope they all come drooling after I get the striping down! By the way, is there any unwrtten rule to this club that you can't really be a member unless your tractor is a least 15 to 20 years old? Do new tractors qualify? I'll let you know how it works once I have a chance to use it to cut my grass. Would still like to hear from other Regent owners. Thanks, Marc

I bought a case of quarts of synthetic oil on a whim a few years ago. Up till now I have not had a garden tractor, only a self-propelled 21" Toro mower. I mow about 30 hrs a year with it. That's 1 hour/week (or per mowing) for reference. I have been using the synthetic oil in it for the last few years and it has been great. The mower is 10 years old and still seems like new. At the end of the season the oil still looks like new. I change the oil once a year. There is no filter, and it is splash lubed. Toro GTS motor. Fabulous machine by the way. Anyway, I think synthetic oil is great stuff. But in my vehicles I use regular oil and I have no qualms about that either. Change your oil, that's what counts. -Don