Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_HB-112

B-212 Restoration plans (need help)

AC_HB-112
I plan on restoreing my early B-212 and shop built cart/wagon next summer. The reason I am doing it next summer, would be because I want to have all the parts I need. (plus I need it for snow removal) I am going to post a list of parts I need. What I need from you guys would be an estimate on how much it will cost to do both (1 wagon, 1 tractor), Then seprate esimates(one for each). The sheet metal, engin, transmision, and electrical are all in excelent condition with very little if any rust. This is what I need: Hood-grill (the black part at the very front of the hood) AC Yellow paint AC white paint AC black paint AC Decals all the way around AC seat Gas cap AC steering wheel Throttle control lever "Thumb Screws" for hood Lots of primor?? And a few pics I also plan to Turn a Shop built wagon/cart into an AC cart Here is what I need for that: AC Yellow paint AC white paint AC cart Decals. And a few pics of that. I also need any tips as to what to check for, And will a small sand blaster work? I want to get this thing to be as original as possible. Seing the way they used to look has inspired me. Rite now is is orange with the wrong B-" " decals from a paint job years ago by my grand father and it just bothers me. Thanks in advanced for any help!!!:D

RayS
You can get the decals and thumb screws at the link below. Original gas cap about $20.00 at a Simplicity dealer. Buy a good primer either a self etching or a epoxy primer. Buy a gallon it is better to have some left over than ending up having to buy another quart or two. I believe there is also paint codes at the link below as well. It cost me $130.00 to have my tractor sandblasted and well worth. They did a excellent job and since the economy is so messed up and them not having much work. I got the parts back in two hours. You can get a epoxy primer on ebay for a $100.00 shipped made by Eastwood Products and is a cheaper price than I could find locally by about $30.00. The epoxy primer is a very tough and durable primer. http://www.wellsimplement.com/lawn.htm