Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Larger tires on AC 712

ac.d17iv

Can I put 23x10.5x12 rims/tires on my 712 without causing problems? Will they fit without rubbing, etc? Has anyone done this? Thanks!

I put the 10.50 tires, ag pattern, on my 710. The inside edge of the tires rubbed a little bit, but after a while the rubber that was causing the rubbing wore away and have not had any problems since.

Isn't the 712 the same as the 716, except for the engine and tire size? I figured since the 716 has 23x10.5x12, they would fit without much trouble.

As long as the are Simplicity/AC Rims or off a brand that has the dish at least as deep or deeper like Wheel Horse. If you use a rim off a Deere or AMF/Massey.some fords.or pretty much anything from a peerless tranny -the dish will be too shallow and will cause the tires to rub, The only thing I have run into is that some brands of tires in 10.5 will have problems with winter chains rubbing the PTO cap.

Wow, looks like you could tool on the surface of the everglades with those things! I like the little addition to the fender... Maybe some atv mudflaos would finish it off:D