Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
peyton

allis big ten pulling tractor

peyton
hi this is my 1st time posting here.glad i found the site. what i am wanting to know is where can i find parts tips and knowhow on bulding my big ten into a puller. is there eny one by hayward wi thanks for your time.

nateb17010
not that close to you, but find a 700 - 7000 series tractor and take the BGB and rear end out and trans plant,"stronger and no shear pins". keep you short plates and clutch set up. "better clutch" cut off the left shaft of BGB leave 2 in of it you will need it shorter to fit the 26-12-12 tries under the rear. other then a set of rules from your pulling group which will tell you all the safety equipment needed. and don't forget to have fun pulling because there is no $$$ in it, just in your tractor.. :D

MikeES
Welcome Jay, first you will need to find a club or group to pull with and get their rules. The rules will determine what you can do to your tractor, and what class and weight you would like to pull in. Members here at Simple Tractors can then give some specific advise. A club that we pull with Dairyland Garden Tractor Pullers (www.dgtp.org) go as far north as Spooner, WI (pull is July 26 at noon).

B110112
Hey Nate did you forget about the tractor that is 10 miles away from you. You can go on facebook and look up doug kinzenbaw you will see a picture of my pulling tractors, Have a Big Ten, B 110 and a B 112. Still have some old pulling stuff. Been thinking about retiring the Big Ten. If do I have a front weight bracket, which is a slider like the cubs use. Back weight bracket with adjustable hitch. Still use factory belt drive, only thing changed is back pulley.

nateb17010
I still have all them pic of yours and mine. and me on your tractors. anyways I don't think he has been back sense he asked the question.. must not have liked this site much. or he's doing so well pulling, he dissent wanted/need the advice now...