Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
pungo

2010 Waitin on Engine (Pics)

pungo
Almost there.(Not Really). Waitin on an engine,new belts,90 weight in the drained BGB and rearend,one hydraulic hose and a Stack Muffler.

I placed the Hood Decals too far forward, I may move the "Hydrolift" decal to the side cover like later 2010's.

pungo
A few more for good measure.

I plan on pulling a Vegetable Display Sale wagon made from a 1937 Wyllis axle with original "Caison" steel wheels.

pungo
Same old 1607(or is it 1602?) Plastikote Engine paint. At first I was dissapointed with the paints durability but it has been 4 to 5 weeks since painting and sitting it in the sun helped turn a soft mess into a decent hardness. I used Rustoeleum Appliance Epoxy for the white, this is really good rattle can paint.

pungo
I had the rear wheels bead blasted,then self-etching primer, then paint.I let the wheels sit in the sun for 2 weeks. The tires are 7x12 Tru-Powers, on Firestone 7x12 wheels.

dirtsaver
Looking mighty fine Phil! I used the Duplicolor DE1607 also and found the way to get it right is to use the Duplicolor engine clearcoat. Mines been done a couple of weeks and it's tough now. I like your treatment of the rear wheels. They must be as smooth as glass. Looking forward to seeing it finished! Larry

pungo
Goat,I have an engine thread around here somewhere. Original 243431 10 HP,complete rebuild.I spent my last 100 bucks on new Crank Bearings. Hope the parts buying is over for this engine. Oops! Still have Decals to buy for it.Never ends.. Thanks to everyone for the nice remarks,couldn't have done it without all of your help!