Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just a howdy

ZippoVarga

This is to conform to the show & tell.......a picture of my 64 Landlord and a request from every one who reads and views this posting.

My request: It's come to my attention that there is a person on ebay who is glad to step on whom ever he pleases to try to form alliances with other ebay sellers and I want his attempts to be thwarted, so I offer you all his ebay selling ID in hopes that all will steer clear of his listings. Not that any one would pay his prices....but I want to be sure that he is held accountable for his arrogant presumptuous ways. The ID is "aceman1220" and I hope that everyone will support this blacklisting of this seller. I was personally used as a paun in an attempt to climb up the "ranks" of reputable ebay sellers of A/C and Simp parts and tractors. This aceman bad mouthed me to another ebay seller in a correspondence that he sent out last week. This is my way of saying thank you to him and I hope the rest of you will help me say thank you as well.

Thanks guys!! The only thing that I repainted was the hood. All the rest of it is original. I'm pretty happy with it as it is. I had thought about doing a full restoration on it, but with how it looks in original condition, I can't bring my self to do it. More on the story with aceman: This is the text in the question I asked aceman: "Out of curiosity....What makes your used blade worth more than a 17 dollar new OEM blade?" This question was because the individual had one used rusty blade listed with an opening bid of 35 dollars and many other over priced items along with only a couple semi-reasonable priced ones. Those being a rebuilt BGB and a nice hood. 69 opening bid on the BGB and 49 on the hood if memory serves. He then found another ebay member who sells and sent them this message: "keep ur parts higher price so the market stays higher.. ive started out with them cheaper like 4.99 and it wasnt worth my time to take apart tractor .. and if mr. Zippo complains that ur parts are too high than he can just find a tractor and take his time to dismantle it.. im still playing with my prices but i found they all dont sell in one week and there may only be one person interested on week and 10 another.. do what u would like i just figured i would share my knowledge.. thanks and if u need any help feel free to ask.. Gary" That is the situation as it was presented to the other ebay member. The other ebay member chose not to reply after hearing why this individual singled me out in his message. So I ask again.......Leave this ebay seller in the back of your mind when looking for parts and remember what he is attempting to do. If you want to set the bar higher for parts that are not all that desireable and over priced then have at it. I just don't want this person to have any satisfaction in exploiting and over pricing parts from our beloved tractors. The person aceman contacted is very fair with his prices and I my self have bought off of him many times before and will continue to do so, not to mention that I am also good friends with him. I feel it's rediculous that this aceman is trying to build alliances with others to try and boost prices beyond realistic amounts. Like I said, it's your call.....buy from him if you want. I just wanted every one here to know of this acemans intentions. Now that you have the whole story I hope it's more clear as to why I asked that you not enable him by bidding on his items.

After sifting through years of pictures I finally found a couple of the day I picked her up.......
[img]/club2/attach/ZippoVarga/LL3.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/ZippoVarga/LL1.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/ZippoVarga/LL2.JPG[/img]

Just shows you what a little elbo grease and chrome will yield. Thanks again for the thumbs up guys!

No problem boycotting but the real name of the game is to offer something better than the next guy. That being said there is no reason put someone else down, so I will not buy from this guy.

Personally I would copy the information and report him to ebay. The alliances you describe are illegal and could result in his account being locked.

There are also several sellers out there that sell stuff that are free downloads. How do you respond to them?

I purchased a 12 dollar download of modifications for my Ruger 10/22 and it was worth 50 bucks to me. But paying for a free download? That shouldn't be allowed. The smarter ebay goers would probably google the information and get it free any how. There are a lot of people that hunt down the lesser intelligent people and take advantage. They should be prosecuted in my opinion.

Thanks Andy....She was my first large frame after spending 13 years with just small frames. Now, there's not a small frame in the lot unless you call the old wonderboy rear engine riders small frames.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Personally I would copy the information and report him to ebay. The alliances you describe are illegal and could result in his account being locked.
I agree with Dave on this one.....

quote:
dOddOddOd

quote:
Originally posted by JimH
quote:
I agree with Dave on this one.....
Thats my vote too, no different than having a friend boost your auction while selling, also against ebay policy and will get your account locked out on ebay. Thanks for sharing this information Zippo, and nice tractor.

Nice looking tractor. Yes, it is beyond unfortunate that there are so many eager bad apples. I, too agree ebay should be made aware of this, he represents them.

Sean I am with you on the boycott. We have talked a few times about lighters and tractors. I made a comment awhile back about his $24.99 gas tank straps. With no reply and as for people having their buddy bid stuff up. Now that's just not right. I have seen allot of goofy things on Ebay. Like parts selling for outrageous money. And another guy having the same thing for a 1/4 or less with no bids. That's why when I sell stuff its $.87 cents no reserve. I play on Ebay for fun not for profit. And then there is the few clowns that make things unpleasant for all of us. Great looking tractor and I hope you read the emails I send you every once and awhile. BOB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Snojetter
    • JAV13037
    • andrew68
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts