Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

anyone used Stens belt replacement ?

joemick

need help w/2 questions: my 4211 belt broke-nearest dealer, 11 miles, not in stock, but can order #108505, 70.1". Can get a Stens true blue kevlar replacement from ebay seller turgtractor but belt measures 70.0 inches which seems would work./ Any comments?

Hi, 70 inch will work. Make sure it is the right width also. I haven't used any Stens belts so can't tell you how it will hold up. My experience has been on the mower decks and for the drive belts a good aftermarket one works ok, just not as long. On attachments that take more power (snowblower, tiller) they don't last very long, at least the ones I have tried. Around here we have Fleet Farm stores, and they sell an industrial belt, kind of gray in color, that works ok on the lighter stuff. Hope this helps! Steve

I use Rotary belts all the time and have very good luck. I would think Stens belts were a good quality belt to. They are a reprital company making after market parts.

I have used Stens belts in the past. Some people like them, some don't. I never had any problems, I've even seen some Simplicity dealers which primarily stock stens belts instead of the OEM. The.1" difference shouldn't matter.