Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
1969nicholas

hydrostatic trans filters on 7100 series

1969nicholas
Hi Has any body here ever had any luck in crossing the Hydrostatic trans spin on filters over to Wix or some other brand for the 7100 series with the Sunstrand set up? Simplicity 1671234 short filter 25micron or the Simplicity 1709322 long filter 25 micron I don't have any simplicity dealers around here that stock these filters so they try to put it to you.(shipping)I was hoping for a cross over number.I don't mind paying but hope maybe for a easier way. Nick

RayS
The short filter can be replaced with a Wix 51335 or a NAPA 1335. The NAPA filter is a Wix filter. The long filter on the cross reference page to Wix is 51084 for a Simplicity and it list a 51068 Wix filter for Allis chalmers. Shouldn`t matter which you use they are the same Sundstrand pump.

Louofm1
Do you guys know if this same filter fits my 1983 Allis 912?? Also, Im looking to replace the fluids on my newly aquired machine. Already replaced the engine oil Can someone provide me with the type of fluid (and quantity needed) for the tranny and also for the gearbox (PTO) that the engine shaft goes into. Im unsure when or if these fluids have ever been changed

goatfarmer
Years ago, on a Sunday evening, I needed to replace the filter on my AC 712H. I found out a Purolator PER1 fit perfect. It's the same oil filter used by about a million or so Ford products, from the 60's, thru the early 90's. I'm not sure of the filtering capacity, but it's still on there about 6 years later. Not had any problems.

1969nicholas
I had a friend of mine cross over the wix numbers that Ray gave me to Luber Finer and he had 7 in stock for $3.48 and that's a PH253 for info if anybody else is interested.I also checked it out and that number is the correct 25 micron filter witch is important for hydraulics. Thanks Nick