Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
THEPATRIOT

Broadmoor down!

THEPATRIOT
I was mowing with my all original 707 today,and it just shut off.This is a nice clean,mantained tractor that ran like NEW!I tried to restart it,the engine turned over slowly,and would stop until i gave it a little help(pushing the starter belt).It has fresh oil,that still looks new also.Could a weak battery do this?I'm not sure if it charges(haven't checked)The guy said the battery was about 5 years old.I hope the engine didn't fail,i don't need that right now.:(!

dentwizz
That is either battery or bad terminal connections(corroded terminals). Clean the connections on all the big wires and try again. If that does not help, then yes you need a battery. I think 5 yrs is a very ripe age for a cheap small battery. Find what type it is and buy another like it!

Vassal
Wow, 5 years on an Lawn/Garden battery? Are you kiddin? The first things I'd check; Battery, connection(s), generator, valve lash, overheating (nest).

sbull78
my 2012 did the same thing a while ago and ding ding, it was a bad connection. i fixed it and it works and you might as well replace the battery anyhow..good luck friend!!

MikeT
I agree, bad ground or bad positive cable issue. 5 years on a L&G battery is doing darn good! You must live in the warmer south, hard to get more than a couple years out of battery here with our sub 0 windchills in the winter.

THEPATRIOT
All is well!!!(THANK GOD!)I jumped it today and finished the lawn,she just needs a battery.I thought for sure the engine was COOKED.8D