Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jkmustang1

plug heat range number for b & s 7

jkmustang1
I got my B1 going again today but I need the correct plug for a later black shroud 7 It has the original carb on it It also has a stub out the grill trying to get the carb right can't get it it's over speeding at very little throttle and idle loads up and quits anybody know the part number for a carb kit? I painted the muffler and pipe with spray rustoleun BBQ black heat paint I had it going long enough to cook it on looks alot better

RayS
If it is a 19D the carb kit number is 291763. The plug is a Champion J8 or Autolite A71 gaped at .025". I don`t believe the Autolite A71 is made anymore and a cross reference manual that I have says that a Autolite 456 is equivalent to the Champion J8. I also believe that a Champion RJ19LM is a hotter plug and should work.

go2guy970
I found this site and ordered up the carb kit along with my coil and tune-up parts http://www.learnsmallenginerepair.com/. Seemed like good prices and they have been great to work with so far. This is the part number from their system.... Carb. kit for Briggs Item# 1416 $19.49 USD which is not the brigs number. Good luck!!!!

powerking_one
I would not/do not use a Champion spark plug in anything I own (my personal and others' historical experiences). Go to http://www.clubplug.net/ to see the other manufacturers cross reference lists. Tom (PK)