Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dymondclay

Waterbury Tractor Company??

dymondclay
I have an old walk behind garden tractor that claims to have been made by a Waterbury Tractor Company in Waterbury, CT. I happened across one of the pictures of the Simplicity walkers and realized that my walk behind is either a copy of a Simplicity or was made by Simplicity. The attachments hook up just the same as the Simplicity walkers do also. I have a front sickle bar mower, a front mount reel mower, a moldboard plow, and a set of cultivators. They all look just like the Simplicity attachements. Does anybody know anything about this company (Waterbury)? I am really excited that I have something else that is Simplicity besides my HB-212 and my 725(16HP)! Thanks, Clay

dlcentral
I had a chance on one of those too a fellow still wants to give me,,I passed,, with a cult on it. Problem was it was TOO CLOSE to the burning barrel and got half 'cooked'!I know C. Wise a club member has info on it? Or go to his site;In Yahoo Clubs,antiquetractorclub,he's the pres there.

dymondclay
Thanks, Dave. I will check with Charles Wise then and see what he knows. I found another site that was dedicated to walkers and brought it down to my tractor being identical to a Model L Simplicity walker. It was made in 1949 or 1950. Thank you, Clay