Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pricing Issue?

REBEL75

Any one here that can tell me what my old tractor may be worth? It is a hand me down from my father and my grandfather before that and I have some info but don't know what direction to go to next. I believe it is a '64 Simplicity Landlord, original engine as near as I can tell. If you have any insight on this problem please respond or send me to the correct forum topic so that I can find out more. Thanks!

Most Tractors are worth what you can get for them. I bought my 69 LL for 99.00 others have paid 350.00 to 500.00 all depends on the part of the country and the buyer. Anything is worth what you can get for it. look at some of the eBay's postings and such in Craigslist here in Nebraska a 917 is selling for 400.00 so again it depends on your buyer and what you can get for it.$

My son bought a 64 Landlord two summers ago for $52 on ebay. It was in Pennsylvania. It had no hood, rear fenders, or seat. I gave him fenders and a hood. He has been mowing his lawn with it since then without any major problems. Most of the ones I see sold in this general area will run around $250.

Personally I can't part with my grandfather's '64 Landlord even if I only use it 1/2 a dozen times a year to till the soil. I did recently pay $300 for a '66 Landlord 101 with a 42" deck and another blade. Best deal for me was a pair of '64ish Broadmoors with decks, blades, 4 extra tires and a spare hood for $175.

sorry but I with blind_eagle on this one. no matter what would come up in my life, if I had something like that, was passed down to me "like a well built tractor" in any shape, I could not think of selling it. I would find a place to keep it. or pass it on to some one that feels the same way as I do. "family member". well if you need a price look up or take a best offer.

Well, if you're considering selling it, I might be interested in purchasing it. If you have any pictures I'd be willing to make you an offer. Let me know. Thanks, Matt grnlark@cox.net