Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar Belt Problem???

darren7116

I have a Sunstar with a 48" deck. Went through 2 brand new belts, they seem to be too big, not any tension at all. When cutting grass they want to come off. I have had it to two different dealers for this problem. The last dealer moved the gear box over about 1/2" to tighten the belt. Even with doing this I just tried to cut the grass and it is still real sloppy. They have also changed the idler pulley, and put a new tension spring on it. My question is, do any of you know what I should do now to get this fixed and start using it?? Could this be the wrong deck for this tractor. Because I did buy this used and do not know the previous owner. I'd like to get some sort of feed back soon, my grass is getting awfully high!! Thanks so much for your help.

I just bought this belt for mine on ebay same size deck is yours http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270424357271&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT and it was alot cheaper than getting it around here Bill

Try to figure out how much shorter belt you need and go to an Industrial Supply house and get a belt.Tell them you want their top grade which will still be cheaper than most places plus it'll last.