Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What did you "convert" from???

THEPATRIOT

After having Cub's,Case,Deere and more i'm happy to stop at Simplicity.(i thought my JD 110 was mine for life!)For mowing they can't be beat,and the ease of repair/maintainance is great.And not to mention,the style!Just wondering if anybody was a DIEHARD brand "X" fan(for a LONG time),then switched over???If so,why?8D

I'm die hard tough. I like it when the machine I use is capable of handling whatever I throw at it. I'll admit I constantly push anything mechanical right up to it's limits when I use stuff. So I need it to keep up with me. Until I found these wonderful little tractors I used a hand me down Economy tractor that my Grandfather bought new it 64. I still have this tractor, but it's sat in the shed for several years from a lack of use and attention. I'll most likely hand this tractor down to my son. Hopefully it'll be in better shape buy that time. It's still the toughest tractor this size I've ever used but the hydro stat on my 620 is just so much faster for almost everything else I do. It'll always have a place in my heart as it was the first small tractor I ever used.

never converted dad was a AC dealer back in the day always had a tractor around at home or later at grandma's on a B110 Got on here one day now I have 6 tractors b1,late b10,early and late b110s ,312h ,410m

I was raised on AC tractors and equipment but appreciate any of the heavy well built garden tractors.In addition to Simplicity and AC my garden tractor collection I also have some Ford LGT Models,Massey Ferguson 16,1650,1655 models,Ariens Grand Sierra,GT,S models,Bolens, Bush Hog,Yanmar,New Holland,Wheel Horse and a few oddballs

Always a-c or simplicity. my dad was a a-c farm eqp. dealer starting in 1957.So i started on the b-1 the day i unloaded the first one off the truck. And i still have that tractor, we sold it and traded it back in at least 3 times ,the last time my dad said he was going to keep it.

My dad had a 1969 Economy tractor on an 8 acre farmette, I really liked it, but he sold it :(. My brother-in-law gave me my 1963 gardenmark back in 1988. Once I found this site in ~2000, I bought several Simp, AC, Homelite (6 to be exact) and I love em all. I have had gravely (a 1973 riding tractor and two walk behinds, I still have the walkers), a 1965 cub 112, a 1968 Bolens and a few other MTD style (junkers). I will keep the AC, simp and Homelite. jh

Simplicity family. We did at one time when I was very young have a Bolens, and then as a kid, a Huffy. Steel stamped etc. Dad started buying Simplicities in the late 60's and it has been Simplicities ever since. I guess I personally "converted" from a Broadmoor LTD to 7112. ^

My first power equipment was murray and Snapper push mowers, but when I acquired my first rider it was an Allis Chalmers Homesteader. Ever since, I have had mostly AC/Simpliicty equip but also have a few vintage Sears, Massey Fergusons, and a Magnatrac.

I grew up on the local product, WheelHorse. We had an 800 Special for most of my growing up years. Simple to use, simple to wprk on.

Never converted been driving the same old 3314 since I was a kid growing up at nana and gramps house. I was 3 when he bought it now I use it every week at my house. :D

My first dabble with a riding tractor was a brand new Craftsman, which I still mow with to this day. (I can see the members throwing things at me right now :D) Sorry. BUT, I started with Simplicity as a hobby tractor (1957 Wonderboy), then went to an AC B-112, then heaviliy obsessed with Panzers, only to circle back to my current 2010 Landlord - which by the way is my favorite yet. dOd

With the purchase of 6 acres I found myself in need of a rider, before I had only needed a 70 model Cooper push mower(still have it).My friend at work sold me a 1970 Yardman(they were real back then)for 50 bucks.Real nice, easy deck hookup(one pin in the front and the drive belt)but the trans got funky. I went out and bought a 2004 Husqvarna GT.Still using it. My third tractor(will be finished in a week)is a 2010.I am looking forward to using it, to say the least. Yeah, I'm a greenhorn.

My first lawnmower that wasn't a freebie was a john deere lt110 same as sabre it was all fine until about 100hr then it went bad. The dealer told me it basically was a throw away model(1200 dollar throw away) Then I got a 725 and A big ten so guess what I am using now.

My first experience was with a 64 LL bbought new from my dads cousin in China Grove,NC Eddlemans Cycle & Machine Shop. He started out with go carts,cycles then became a Simplicity Dealer. He bought it new with a 42 mower,mouldboard plow, 42 dozer blade. We used that tractor for at least 15 years,and later I did a complete restore.It was a very tough little tractor. Dad had a nephew who thouht snapper mowers were better,more pulling power ,so one day we had a pull off ,hooked a chain to both tractors and Dad pulled him all over the yard.We had amowing contest and it was no match. We took the tallgrass and still mowed more in less time.I still have this tractor plus a 3314V,3310V,B10,7112 currently restoring,3212H,with hydr lift,mid mount cultivators with rear mount cultivators. I have always had Simplicity and AC since 1964 ,always took care of the equipment and it has lasted for the past 30 to 40 years. I would buy one today if Simplicty would go back to old style look and Quality. The Legacy is probably pretty good but the high seat and rounded ,slooped hood looks too much like the box store junk.