Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
78kitty

Old style solid rollers for deck

78kitty
I'm in need of 1 roller for my 3415's 48" deck. I would like to get a solid roller instead of the new honeycomb style the local Simplicity dealer has. Are these rollers still available anywhere?

CDeHeer
I bookmarked this link that someone here posted previously. I believe several people spoke well of this place. http://www.yatesrubber.com/Boat_Roller_Products.html

Glen112
Dave - Some used ones on eBay right now that might be what you are looking for: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230361542826&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url] Glen

MadMike
Seeing the Yates Rubber link got me to thinking.... I just did a search and see that Cabelas sells the straight 5/8" ID x 12" long guide rollers for $10.99 each. Here's the link: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0022859016494a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=rollers&Ntk=Products&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1 Mike

GregB
The last rollers I bought off the shelf at my local "stocking" dealer, the large rollers were solid and the shorter rollers had the webbing molded in. Neither had the nylon bushing/bearing that the older ones had. When I get time I am going to try to "sleeve" my old ones to get a slightly larger diameter. If I have to I can also make new bushings for the inside.

dirtmister16
i have some solid wood rollers in my shop. one could make some out of a hardwood and put bushings in them. i have thought about doing that. when i get a lathe together.

TomSchmit
But the Yates Rubber site DOES show the outside diameter for the rubber "molded side guide rollers. They have 2-1/2" in diameter. I think these rubber rollers might be a good alternative! What is the OD of the stock Simplicity rollers? Tom

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by TomSchmit
But the Yates Rubber site DOES show the outside diameter for the rubber "molded side guide rollers. They have 2-1/2" in diameter. I think these rubber rollers might be a good alternative! What is the OD of the stock Simplicity rollers? Tom
The stock rollers are 2-1/2" diameter.