Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Club Project – Help Needed

I got the okay from Dave (Club President) and Kent (our Host) to proceed with the following. This project is going to attempt to explain the parts, functions, and operation of the Simplicity hitch system used on the large frame class tractors. When the project is finished there will be a page in SimpletrACtors with illustrations, operation guide, parts breakdowns, and action pictures of the Simplicity “Rear Lift” and “One Point Hitch.” >>>>>> HELP FROM OTHER CLUB MEMBERS IS NEEDED <<<<<< * If you have any parts or operator’s manuals for the “Rear Lift” and/or “One Point Hitch” as used on the Allis “B “, “700”, or “900” series, or the Simplicity, Homelite, or Massey equivalents, please contact me by email. * If you have any pictures of your tractor using the “Rear Lift” and/or “One Point Hitch”, please contact me by email. * If you know which tractors used a rod, or a rod and chain, or a cable to connect the lift lever to the rear lift, please contact me by email. * If you can offer any information on the differences, use, or operation of these components, please contact me by email. What may seem easy and basic to you may confuse and baffle new owners of Simplicity tractors (it did me). So please, share a little of your time and knowledge and help keep our Club #1. As soon as I have enough information to start formatting, I will contact everyone who has contributed to this project and provide the URL (web address) of the prototype page. Thank you…… Herb (Dutch) herb.niewender@att.net

Dutch, I have the Service and Parts manuals for my AC B-1. If no one else has the information readily available I'll see if I can copy and send the appropriate pages to you (my scanner doesn't work very well). I can also take pictures of the B-1 with a tiller mounted on it and e-mail them to you (digital camera; jpg format). Will do whatever I can to help but you'll have to be patient. My schedule is rather full this month. I'll be traveling all next week and the weekend of 5-19-01. Let me know what you need. Roy E-mail: roylpope@charter.net

I know the AC 900 series and Sim. 3400 series tractors lift with a cable. There are pictures of the rear lift group and how to make one in the DIY section for these tractors as well. I will try to bum a digital camera again and take pic's of these two tractors each with a tiller attached. Don't think my Owner's manual shows the rear lift for the 916H but I'll look. Brent[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/rear_hitch.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/rear_hitch.htm[/a]

Kent should have owners manual copies by tomorrow of both the one point clevis hitch attachment and the rear lift on AC built Homelites of 1971-1973. I'll send you a copy of one other piece related to the rear lift on these that HappyJack sent me. I'll send it to Kent also. Sam

I'm no Homelite expert, but I believe the T-16 is a Large Frame and is virtually identical to the same year Sovereign. HappyJack > Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I Herb, Yes you are correct about the 2 being basically the same tractor except for the color. Most everything is interchangeable between the 2 tractors. And the t-10..t-12..t-15..t16 Homelites are all large frame tractors. I hope this helps, >>->happyjack<-<<

Hi, Don't most of the Homelites have a RH discharge deck that is very close to the 300 and 400 AC decks? Good luck, Al

As far as I know thus far the 71'-73' Homelites had the right hand discharge. These years were an AC built creature. They were offered in up to 16hp (T-16) models. 74' was the year of change as my research thus far shows, changing from an AC creature to a Simplicity creature. Still looikng for information as exactly when in the year this change was made. Sam

Al your write about the right hand dischared deck on the earlier Homelites. Also about them being AC made I ran the question about the large frame tractor and the 2 tractors being the same together. I should have said yes the newer T-16 was made by Simplicity at one time and is the same tractor as the Simplicity counter part. Bouy am I ever confused now and it only took myself to get that way opps. >>->happyjack<-<< Also thanks Sam for helpen me out.....