Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Allis Chalmers push mower

CleanBee

Picked up my new mower from Todds uncle last week. Amazed to find something like this new, never even started.
[img]/club2/attach/CleanBee/allispush1sm.jpg[/img]
It was a contest winning back in the 70's. The gentleman put it in his basement and said he just never needed it. He sold it when he was moving to a smaller place.
[img]/club2/attach/CleanBee/allispush2sm.jpg[/img]
This model was pictured in the sales flyer from 1972, the same flyer picturing the 620. These two will look nice together.
[img]/club2/attach/CleanBee/620sm.jpg[/img]

Beautiful machines. The mower deck looks to be designed almost identically to a lawn boy, some of these even had a roller type drive, does anyone know if there was any collaboration between the two companies?

Nice to see someone in the club got it. My uncle knows it went to a good home and is glad you were happy with it.And also nice seeing you saturday and finding out about the push mower.

Sam, I couldn't help myself but to start it. After all those years it fired on the second pull. I let it run about 8 hits and switched it off. I have 2 other Allis push mowers I use regularly so this one will probably be a showboat for now. The 620 will get my Ark 700 loader, Saf-T-Cab ROPs, and the 600 weight box. Interesting about the Cooper deck on this. I am pretty sure its not Lawn Boy but never knew who made these. I know my other push mowers with the hour-glass handle bars were made by Hahn-Eclipse. Thanks for all the nice comments. I sure couldn't go wrong buying this, it was less than a new equivalent one from a box store would have been. Dan I think Simplicity made these since they had the same mower.

WOW Great find!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could find items like this! I wish we would have saved a few mowers like B-10 or HB-112 sm01 when we sold them years ago! Was it in the box? Box would be worth $$$ to some of us collectors anyway! I'm wanting to buy a new 130 tractor and just leave in create for the grand-kids to have years from now. Hind-site Enjoy the mower, as it's one of a kind! Jeff

Is it self propelled? Those Simplicity mowers had a drive system with rollers near identical to lawn boy, I would think it is so close that some kind of patent had to be violated, unless there was an agreement between the two companies. BTW, What is "Cooper?"

Chris, it is self propelled. It runs off a thin belt that turns a shaft for both wheels. It engages the shafts knurled wheels against the rubber on the rear tires. I did a google search for Cooper and didn't find anything. Dan

nice little machine . did it come with the the manual?? if it didn't i have an orignal one for it . if you plan to show it and don't have the manual let me know i can send it to ya .....

These AC mowers were made by Hahn. ? on spelling. Halns were yellow and sold in Hardware stores and such.

No, I do not have any manuals for this and I am going to show it. I appreciate the offer. These were not made by Hahn-Eclipse. I think they were built by Simplicity. I wrote that I have 2 others with the hour-glass handle bars. Those were made my Hahn-Eclipse for Allis Chalmers. Hahn also made mowers for other companies, I think I have one for IH. Dan

Your correct on this one not being made by Hahn. Hahn AC models were the WB1930,2140H, 2235 & 2235S and started in 1967. Wonder if there's any more new items out there floating around. sm01