Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RayS

K341 Kohler

RayS
Does anybody know if this motor will work in a 314H Allis. I know that it is a 16hp and that the 314H has a 14hp. Does this motor in the link have the correct flange for the oil pan? Will the sheet metal and the flywheel from the K321 fit this K341. I know that the shortblock number is 45-522-42 and when I talked to a Kohler rep. today they said that I need a 45-522-44 short block. Does anybody know the differences betwen the two? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360169206427&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D360169206427%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

gearhead19
Ray I put a K341 in my Allis 310 a couple years ago, that is when i discovered the different shaft diameters 1" vs 1/1/8" my 16 was 1", and my 10 was 1/1/8", no big deal just a simple pulley change . possible difference in part numbers is output shaft dia.... Blower housing, and flywheel will interchange, head tins will not.. Flange looks standard.. I hope this helps, Dan

erancher
RayS, I don't know anything about the 314H Allis but I do have a couple of jds 212s, a 216 and a 112. The K301 from the 212 will not replace the K301 in the 112 due to the flanges at the bottom of the block as seen bottom left and right of the block shown in the ad (I wasn't sure if this is the fange referenced). Also, my 216 carb is different than the 212s' carbs. I don't know how this effects your swap but I did want to put this out for discussion. Thank you. e-rancher

xenon172
quote:
Originally posted by erancher
RayS, Also, my 216 carb is different than the 212s' carbs. I don't know how this effects your swap but I did want to put this out for discussion. Thank you. e-rancher
The main difference in the carburetors is the 216 has a number 30 while the 212 uses a number 26. A K341 will run with a #26 carb but will not have peak performance

erancher
xenon712, Is the 26 and the 30 related to the cfm? I measured the engine side of two carbs off of K301s and got 1.075 inches or 27 mm on both (this is where the measurement is taken on the Zenith and SU carbs used on my MGs and Triumph). I know the 216s use two different carbs but I have not pulled the carb for the K341 yet. e-rancher

xenon172
I believe it is related to CFM. Kohler also used Walbro carbs as well as their own on the K series. I am not sure if the 212s also came with the auto choke set up or not which could also account for a small difference in appearance

erancher
Like the 112, all of my 212s, 210, and 216 have the manual choke. I know my 216 has the plastic float where the other 216 carb has the brass float - like my other 200 series. And all the carbs basically look the same. There is a slight difference in the float bowl on the 216. Sorry to turn this into a discussion on jds. I wanted to cover the intake system differences I knew about and if you upgrade to a K341, you will want to utilize all the potential.