Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brucep

Info on this tractor

Brucep
It's not all that old but I don't seem to be able to find much info on it. It's a 17 GTH-L MFG #1691957. About all I have found is that it probably use's a 48 inch mower deck #1691957. Can't find what other attachments it takes, how old it is or even what the letters GTH-L stand for. Thanks in advance for any help I might get on this.

dirtsaver
Hey Bruce! GTH-L = Garden Tractor Hydrostatic Transmission- Hydrualic Lift These were made circa 1991-1993 Engine was the Kohler KT17 Series II with pressure lube(actual oil pump)which was a better engine than the Series I but still had a very small oil capacity. As for attatchments,I use all the same sleeve mounted ones I use with my Allis B-10 and Simp 3012V. Snow blades and blowers,center mounted grader blades and leaf vacs also can be used on these but some of the attatchments require different hitches than the older tractors. Tillers are available also. All in all a good tractor(I've pulled a full-size 1984 Dodge pickup out of mud with mine). The main thing is to keep the engine clean of grass and mouse nests and maintain the oil properly. Mine has 1200 hours on it an still going. Larry I almost forgot,the standard deck for theese is 48" although a 42" deck works great and---in my opinion--makes a better looking lawn.

Chris727
The 17GTH-L is basically a 7117 with newer style paint and decals. It uses all the 7000 and 7100 type attachments, plus as Larry mentions, a number of older attachments also.