Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

Is this a good buy or not, need to know

AC_B-1Novice
Simplicity 3414S Baron Garden Tractor. This is the large frame tractor with horizontal shaft Briggs and Stratton cast iron engine. 4 speed transmission with shuttle feature to go from forward to reverse without clutching. Comes with 42" 3-blade mower deck. Excellent condition. $1600.00

Simpleton7016
not even close. Probably 4 times too high. (Unless it is being sold by a club members....then it is priced just about right. sm01)

Burntime
Yes, are the rims gold plated or just the cone clutch:D I bet some of the guys that tear them down and rebuild em would not even sell for that though:D

HubbardRA
If it was a hydro and had at least one additional attachment like a tiller or snowblower, then it might be worth as much as $1200.

Cvans
I had the same tractor and paid well over a $1000.00 less for it. Personaly I wasn't impressed with the shuttle shift. I now have one with the Hydro and really like it. So much so that I purchased a snow blower for it. I still only have about $700.00 in it. I hope this helps, Chris

xenon172
Only if it was completely and properly rebuilt to virtually new condition. Nothing wrong with a shuttle drive imo although most prefer a hydro. Considering you'll pay almost that for one of those bargain tractors it would be worth it.