Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spray bomb question

captainweezy

Going to earl shy a couple of rims off my 712's and 917 allis gardens. The rims re in pretty nice shape but they are just faded. Whats a good paint match for the white from a spray can? Also does anyone know a different brand of front Tri-ribs other than the Pricey Firestones? I refuse to pay over $150 for a set when I just paid $106 mounted for a pair for my Farmall h. I am headed to buy an allis 720 in the morning, I hope it is what he says it is. Thanks in advance

I used Navajo White on the rims of my B-12. I got my tri-ribs from Tucker Tire in TN. I'm not sure they have 6" tri-ribs, though. Robert

I use Rustoleum Canvas white on my Homelite rims. You're out of luck with getting tri ribs in the 16x6.5x8 size in any other brand except Firestone. Nobody else makes that size. I have spoken to many garden tractor pullers and they said the same thing. Tom

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • tripleguy
    • GregB
    • airgunner
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts