Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pics of a hitch What does it fit?

AC_B-1Novice

I went to put on my blade I got with my B1 and I must have some sort of hitch that fits nothing that I have. I have a 6216, B1, LL, cub and nothing fits this. Some of you pros can maybe tell me what it should fit or what is going on with it. It measures 7 ½ inches between the hitch mount and the steel is about 3/8 inch. The lift bar is on the right and is 8 inches long. If I remember right the length of the hitch is about 15 or 16 inches. Any help will be a big help. larry

If it were longer I think it would stick out too far in front of the tractor. I can't figure out how it was lifted or if I can even rig it to work on one of the tractors I have. I may just sell it on ebay or alter it to work as another hitch of some sort. :Y

That is the outer push frame for a small frame tractor. It attaches to a separate push frame that in turn attaches to the tractor frame. The number 990299 corresponds with the plow for a 500 series tractor. This is from the manual for the 535. http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1 [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/arathol/299frame.jpg[/img]

This is the same question I have been trying to figure out as well. I just got the same plow as pictured above with my recent Landlord 101. Arathol is right that the 990299 is for the Broadmoor... I have that plow and tractor too, BUT as seen in you pic above our plows ALSO indicate the 990179 model number that references that it fits the 60s Landlord (and others). The lift bar is a clue I think as you mention the lift bar is only about 8 inches and even from the manual pic above you can see how much longer the 'Broadmoor' version is (part Y). I haven't had the time to go back out and play with it again... hope to soon. -glad to see someone else is feeling my pain :D

Again, thanks for the great help and diagram. I may have to play with it also for I think I have a broadmoor but don't know if it will run. No pain though, if the play turns to work I'll sell all and start over with a little more advice before I do anything. larry