Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
country

Found a tiller!

country
Well, it's not AC or Simplicity, but a heavy duty tiller none the less. It's a Mang Jr, made by Oregon Manufacturing Company. The engine is a Kohler Magnum M8, but is not original. The engine runs good, but I need to get a new needle valve and float for the carb. I also need to locate the missing parts for the shroud. From the parts diagram I found some of the tin is missing. It needs some TLC and a belt. The previous owner installed the battery tray and wiring for the electric ignition. I haven't checked it out good yet, but I don't think the wiring is set up to charge the battery, just start it. The previous owner also installed the muffler, to "keep the rain out". Good thing it stayed covered, as I don't the position of the muffler would have done much to keep out the rain. I'm also looking for any information I can find on this thing, manuals, someone that knows anything about it and can tell me how each of the two levers control the machine, etc.

country
Solid and heavy is not an issue. I have an ATV winch mounted to a 2x8 that I can slide into the slots in the front of my truck bed. Without that, I honestly don't know we would have loaded it into the back of my truck.

timflury
http://www.donaldantiquerototillers.com/ http://forums.delphiforums.com/Rototillers/ I googled "mang tiller" and found this forum. Looks like there's a lot of information on any antique tiller. Interesting though, nothing on his site for Simplicity or even "Roticul".

country
Thanks, I'll have to check that forum out. I never really searched for forums for this machine. Guess I just never thought about it since I didn't expect to find one as good as this site.:D

Sign in to follow this