Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

POR 15 results

JP10

I heard about POR 15 and thought I'd give it a try on a 42" deck. I bought the starter kit direct from the manufacturer website for $26 including shipping and was pleasantly surprised. It came with degreaser, metal ready "primer" and small 4 oz. can of POR 15. The POR 15 goes a longggggg way. I was able to almost do two full coats with just that 4 oz. can. Just clean it and paint the POR 15 right on the rust. Thought I'd share that info if any one decided to redo a deck. I think it turned out great and it is permanent, you should not have to ever paint your deck again or worry about rust underneath. J-P Before

The kit

After

I did a similar job on a mower deck and later I determined that I needed to remove the spindles. I had to remove the spindle towers with a hammer. That por-15 is tough stuff. jh

Yup! I did my 48" deck with the silver. Still looks great, and the grass hardly sticks at all. Will give it a good check in the fall when I take it off the tractor and sharpen the blades.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Gilmer
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts