Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

$100 craigslist buy

Chris727
Bought this off craigslist a few weeks ago. Its a 7016 hydro with the 16hp briggs with gear start and alternator. I'm amazed no one beat me to it. I was away at school and couldn't personally look at it but my Dad was happy to go look for me, (I think he may be getting the tractor bug) he called me and said he told the owner we'd take it. It was only a few miles from home. The previous owner thought the trator was just too worn out. No mower deck came with it. I cleaned the carb, changed all fluids and filters. Seems to run OK, it will occaisonally smoke but it clears right up, has 85psi compression. The hydro is good with no leaks. Hood has been bondo'd and will need replacing, steering wheel is bent, and the seat needs replacing too, otherwise the rest of body is original and in very good shape, no major rust at the base of the dash and the seat deck is still nice and straight. Gave the tractor a bath tonight.

ZippoVarga
Excellent score Chris!! Keept another one out of the scrap yards!!(or a non collectors hands) And it looks VERY nice to boot!! Gotta love CL!! I've gotten a couple recent deals there as well. A set of new aluminum loading ramps that the guy bought, used once, found out that his truck was too high then bought a trailer and listed the ramps for 60 bucks and then a 15 year old but NEW Huskee (TSC)Chipper Shredder for 100 bucks (Before the plastic hit the market)

ardisam
You stoled that one. Good Job!!!!!!!!!!! Ryan from WI Allis Chalmers 916H Allis Chalmers 917H Deutz Allis 1920H Simplicity 7114S

Sign in to follow this