Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Kohler 20HP Magnum Engine

I have been having problems with gas backing up into the oil chamber. The engine is only 2 years old and has had all preventive maint. done on schedule. I can mow for two hours or more, shut it down, check the oil and it is fine. If I park the tractor overnight and come back it sometimes has the gas back in the oil. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

AGCO918
check your caberator solinoid on bottom of carberator.had same thing happen on agco918.call your dealer as kohler might fix it if you have had a lot of problems with it.the breather on the front of engine had to be replaced also on my 1999 agco 918 with 18 hp engine in it.agco918

Al
Hi, I would check the fuel pump, if the diapram has a leak in it,it will let gas run from the tank into the crankcase, as will a leaking float valve in the carburetor. In the V twin engines the carb is higher and gravity from the tank is not as bad a problem as it is with the opposed twins that can leak even when the tannk is nearly empty. Good luck, Al